Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Right, i'll go out on a limb and say there's probably three people with any idea of what's going on.  I'll go further out and say none of them work for anyone in the media..

Ergo, Stifler knows as much as all these journos you're quoting.  Think about that for a minute.

I'm still a bit concerned about Garde tbh. I guess I need more education on him.:

Why did he leave Lyon ?

Why has he not been re-employed since ?

Was his record at Lyon good considering the size of that club in the French league and the players he had available ?

Have Lyon progressed since he left ?

How come Lcazette has been so good since he left (what was restricting him under Garde) ?

His CV looks extremely light, is he just a Lyon ex pro, who they kept around the club for a feel good factor (ala Peter Beardsley for us) ?

Wow ... talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Is Julien Laurens from La Parisien? If so he contridicted that tweet completely on the radio about 20 mins ago.

Guardian.

His twitter says 'Husband, father, French football journalist based in London working for Le Parisien, RTL, BT Sport and ESPN.'

Guess he is wrong....

Probably just does freelancing for them.

It would be quite exciting to see what a French manager could make of this squad,

The squad with 2 good French players, you mean?

To be fair Sissoko always playing in his correct position and Cabella actually allowed on the pitch would be quite exciting :lol:  Maybe Marveaux can even get a game?

For goodness sake. If we turn this guy down when he is so eager for this gig man! Argh!

Waiting till the summer is just madness. Utter madness. I hope Chelsea put 20 past stupid Carver this weekend. Fuck that.

Garde has been recommended by chief scout Graham Carr, while owner Mike Ashley, who has been distracted by attempts in Scotland to push him out of power at Rangers, has given Charnley the authority to make a final decision, even though Charnley has never made a managerial appointment before.

FOR FUCK SAKE!!!

Garde has been recommended by chief scout Graham Carr, while owner Mike Ashley, who has been distracted by attempts in Scotland to push him out of power at Rangers, has given Charnley the authority to make a final decision, even though Charnley has never made a managerial appointment before.

FOR FUCK SAKE!!!

What is the issue here? As far as I'm concerned Mike is not making the decision = Massive win. Especially with GC making the recommendation.

I would wait until the summer but we'd have to get our man to sign a pre-contract now. Not sure for example, is Garde now better than waiting for Tuchel or Galtier?

Overall I'm just amazed we seem to be actually looking for a proper manager. Has to be positive.

FOR f*** SAKE!!!

What is the issue here? As far as I'm concerned Mike is not making the decision = Massive win. Especially with GC making the recommendation.

Why on earth would Charnley be given the final say, ahead of Carr's recommendation?! What the hell does he know?