Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Can't stick Pullis, would be alright with Pearson though and he's already got a half decent record for us  :snod:

The thought, sorry reality, of finally getting a manager of Benitez calibre then going back to managers at best evens with the likes of Pardew and souness. Gah. It's worse than our relegation.

Moyes, Martinez (if sacked), laudrup I could cope with. Pearson, pulls.. Bruce, Warnock. Fuck me. The realisation that we are only just on the cusp of our true implosion and entering the vacuum of the Ashley sized black hole to liquidation Is here.

Can't stand Pearson, would hate him to manage us.

We're rotten from top to bottom, we need a dictator imo, someone who runs the whole thing. Not a head coach type, but a proper manager. Every level of the club, from scouting to academy needs major surgery. If it isn't rafa, I hope they give it to moyes and give give him full control of the lot.

A short term appointment to get us back up just delays this process for me.

We're rotten from top to bottom, we need a dictator imo, someone who runs the whole thing. Not a head coach type, but a proper manager. Every level of the club, from scouting to academy needs major surgery. If it isn't rafa, I hope they give it to moyes and give give him full control of the lot.

Totally agree on Pearson. He'd be horrendous.

Some dopes next to me at the Southampton game on Saturday were complaining about Rafa (not ready for a relegation team..................) and hailing the virtues of Nigel Pissing Pearson. That's our own fans.

This.

Moyes obviously did great things for Everton, but is there not a feeling that his two most recent jobs have broken him a bit? Like McClaren in some sense.

For me we need someone young, energetic and ambitious, not someone worn down by recent failure and just looking for the next paycheck.

Moyes obviously did great things for Everton, but is there not a feeling that his two most recent jobs have broken him a bit? Like McClaren in some sense.

For me we need someone young, energetic and ambitious, not someone worn down by recent failure and just looking for the next paycheck.

Moyes was hit and miss at Everton, which is often over looked. He also plays turgid football. Playing a defensive football in the championship won't sit well with me.

Moyes was hit and miss at Everton, which is often over looked. He also plays turgid football. Playing a defensive football in the championship won't sit well with me.

disagree with the hit and miss part.

He got them on a very solid grounding, right through the club, which is precisely what we need imo.

I see you're getting linked with the same dog shit, depressing list of possible candidates we are.

I am pretty much beyond caring for us, with the exception that I don't want that fucking twat Pearson.

Guest chopey

I just want rafa to run us like Wenger runs arsenal in charge of everything from buying first team players to choosing what the under 11s have for their tea

I would have thought he'd be pretty well suited to the championship as his sides are generally quite gritty. I suppose the concern would be he would be too cautious and you need to go out looking to win every match against shit teams. That's why I would be far happier if we just offer Rafa whatever it will take to keep him here. I could very easily enjoy a season in the lower league if we had the right man in charge.

• 4 weeks later...

Shows how much hope Rafa had instilled. Nearly a month of inactivity in this thread.

Unfortunately though looks like it's back. Pearson odds on for villa. Moyes/rodgers for Celtic? Do we pick up what's left? Tbh none are inspiring.

Mozy is spot on with someone fresh and young. Downside is it will end up being cathro.

Rafa. Do all we can to keep him. If he says no (very likely) then fair enough, but I doubt we'll even try.

Ashley will remember our last Championship season and think we can piss it with someone like Warnock

In order:

1) Roger Schmidt - obviously isn't going to happen.

2) Jose - obviously isn't going to happen.

3) Rafa - probably isn't going to happen.

4) Juande Ramos - obviously isn't going to happen.

5) Martinez

6) Flores

7) Steve Clarke

8) Karanka - doubt any amount of money will stop him from managing in the Premier League next season.

9) Brendan Rodgers - probably thinks he's above the Championship. He isn't. Just thinks he is.