Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Didn't realise he's a billionaire, 1.7 according to Wiki. Thought he took a big hit in the financial mess a few years back.

That 1.7 is net worth, how much is fluid that he can spend (or give away in this case), add that to any monies he's putting into the club to offset debts etc. Plus money for new players.

Whats Pardew on, how much will it cost to buy him out?

and the big question, how much a year is he willing to put in each year, seeing as most of it would be a write-off.

Not sure myself it's as clear cut.

Didn't realise he's a billionaire, 1.7 according to Wiki. Thought he took a big hit in the financial mess a few years back.

That 1.7 is net worth, how much is fluid that he can spend (or give away in this case), add that to any monies he's putting into the club to offset debts etc. Plus money for new players.

and the big question, how much a year is he willing to put in each year, seeing as most of it would be a write-off.

The consensus is that Pardew will get a 1 year payoff despite the contract length (done so to ward off potential suitors :lol:) so it'd probably cost him £1m tops which for NUFC is bugger all.

It will cost just 1 years wages to sack him.

A few reports said it's one year, a few reports said we can't afford it. People choose to believe the former for some reason, desperation probably.

A few reports said it's one year, a few reports said we can't afford it. People choose to believe the former for some reason, desperation probably.

It's a bit contradictory to choose to believe that Ashley wants to do everything as cheap as possible but also believe that he was prepared to give 8 year deals to the manager and his entire backroom staff though.

Supposedly he was very pissed off at how much it cost to get rid of Allardyce and his cronies. From that point of view, it's hard to believe that he was so eager to hand out 8 year deals with full compensation. I can't imagine Pardew exactly driving a hard bargain either.

Again, it's more based on what we've worked out about Ashley as a person and an owner.  I couldn't see him committing himself to a situation where he'll waste money.

However that Charles Sale article the other day did worry me because like you or someone else said, he's usually bang-on the money.

Again, it's more based on what we've worked out about Ashley as a person and an owner.  I couldn't see him committing himself to a situation where he'll waste money.

However that Charles Sale article the other day did worry me because like you or someone else said, he's usually bang-on the money.

Not seen that - you got a link?

It's a bit contradictory to choose to believe that Ashley wants to do everything as cheap as possible but also believe that he was prepared to give 8 year deals to the manager and his entire backroom staff though.

Supposedly he was very pissed off at how much it cost to get rid of Allardyce and his cronies. From that point of view, it's hard to believe that he was so eager to hand out 8 year deals with full compensation. I can't imagine Pardew exactly driving a hard bargain either.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2320978/Mike-Ashley-pay-Alan-Pardew-10m-sacks-Newcastle-manager-year-deal-Charles-Sale.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2320978/Mike-Ashley-pay-Alan-Pardew-10m-sacks-Newcastle-manager-year-deal-Charles-Sale.html

I read that as it would cost any club wanting Pardew £10m.

Why would we get huge compensation for Pardew if his pay-off is only for one or two years? Doesn't make sense. That's why I take those claims about him receiving "minimal" pay-off with a huge pinch of salt.

You can't read properly then.

Really? "The deal works both ways, so Newcastle would be looking for a Jose Mourinho-style release clause of more than £10m should another club want to poach the former West Ham boss."

Really? "The deal works both ways, so Newcastle would be looking for a Jose Mourinho-style release clause of more than £10m should another club want to poach the former West Ham boss."

Aye, so it works both ways.  It's a given that another club would have to pay the contract off if they wanted him, I thought you were saying it meant it didn't work the other way around, which is the only thing that anyone's disputing.

Delusional to think that the manager of Wigan would come to Newcastle?

And a manager who wants to manage in England who is going to be out of a job after next weekend, it's totally delusional.

I've never really noticed him before, but The College Dropout is fast becoming a contender for Worst Poster, for the sheer regularity of him being wrong about just about everything.

I've never really noticed him before, but The College Dropout is fast becoming a contender for Worst Poster, for the sheer regularity of him being wrong about just about everything.

Contender? He's already got it wrapped up.

:lol: :thup:

I believe we'll need to go for someone from abroad or unproven from the lower divisions. The next Moyes, the next Martinez, even the next Lambert.

Anyone with any stock will think they can go to a more stable/better situation.

As a club, we either challenge for Europe or the manager is likely to get the chop imminently.

I believe we'll need to go for someone from abroad or unproven from the lower divisions. The next Moyes, the next Martinez, even the next Lambert.

Anyone with any stock will think they can go to a more stable/better situation.

As a club, we either challenge for Europe or the manager is likely to get the chop imminently.

:lol: