Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Glenn Hoddle, ffs for all his good talk. He was average and never got Chelsea to finish higher than 11th before taking the England job. Did well at Southampton, Lost his job at Tottenham for poor results with them in the relegation zone, then was bang average with Wolves.

Our job is effectively a 'Head Coach' position and he'd do a better job at setting a side up than many.

Glenn Hoddle, ffs for all his good talk. He was average and never got Chelsea to finish higher than 11th before taking the England job. Did well at Southampton, Lost his job at Tottenham for poor results with them in the relegation zone, then was bang average with Wolves.

And hasn't managed since 2006...

Guest bimpy474

Our job is effectively a 'Head Coach' position and he'd do a better job at setting a side up than many.

I agree but i still wouldn't want him. We need a young foreign or English manager who wants and does play good passing football.

I agree but i still wouldn't want him.

I'm not saying he'd be my choice either but he'd be ahead of many on that list, that's for sure.

Guest bimpy474

I agree but i still wouldn't want him.

I'm not saying he'd be my choice either but he'd be ahead of many on that list, that's for sure.

Sorry mate, rest of my post explains me a bit more, i hadn't finished before i lent on the mouse :lol:

The criteria for the manager will be:

- Unattached.

- Happy to 'Coach' only/fit in the wider system.

- Prepared to work for less of a salary than the vast majority of other managers but work on the basis of performance related pay.

- Prepared to answer to JFK.

- Prepared to work with Mike Ashley.

We have to be very realistic when it comes to who replaces AP.

"A 'total football' breeding, free flowing, attack minded, results, not money, driven, player coaching, happy to answer to any cunt and have a small transfer kitty" is the kind of appointment NUFC will be after.

We're destined to fail because the working conditions render the job virtually impossible.

Who, with any degree of self-respect, would want to say JFK as their boss?

Who, in their right mind, would want to work at a club where you've got barely any influence?

Whenever that moment comes (and I think MA will pull the trigger soon) I just can't see anybody with any pedigree being interested in the job or MA having the desire to attract them let along give them the influence they would inevitably want.

The criteria for the manager will be:

- Unattached.

- Happy to 'Coach' only/fit in the wider system.

- Prepared to work for less of a salary than the vast majority of other managers but work on the basis of performance related pay.

- Prepared to answer to JFK.

- Prepared to work with Mike Ashley.

We have to be very realistic when it comes to who replaces AP.

"A 'total football' breeding, free flowing, attack minded, results, not money, driven, player coaching, happy to answer to any c*** and have a small transfer kitty" is the kind of appointment NUFC will be after.

We're destined to fail because the working conditions render the job virtually impossible.

Who, with any degree of self-respect, would want to say JFK as their boss?

Who, in their right mind, would want to work at a club where you've got barely any influence?

Whenever that moment comes (and I think MA will pull the trigger soon) I just can't see anybody with any pedigree being interested in the job or MA having the desire to attract them let along give them the influence they would inevitably want.

Joe Kinnear

:lol:

i think if there's an alternate option to joe kinnear we should be asking ourselves who joe kinnear might choose because he'll obviously have a say in it if he's a real DoF...assuming he does what he knows he'll go with ex-players or colleagues

any ex-Wimbledon players managing out there he might line up?

i think if there's an alternate option to joe kinnear we should be asking ourselves who joe kinnear might choose because he'll obviously have a say in it if he's a real DoF...assuming he does what he knows he'll go with ex-players or colleagues

Vinnie Jones's movie career has taken an alarming nosedive over the last few years.... :undecided:

It'll probably just end up being Carver imo

That would be completely pointless. Why would MA willingly pay AP off to appoint a guy whose job it has been to coach/drill the same playing personnel whose failure has led to the Manager being fired?

Not to mention that Carver does not have the PR skills of AP. Something that MA must value pretty highly as AP is always called upon to go over and above the normal manager press conference stuff.

Since sir Bobby

Souness

Roeder

Allardyce

Keegan

Hughton

Pardew

What a joke. Get us a proper manager!

And before Sir Bobby, Dalglish and Gullit, not to mention Shearer and Kinnear's illustrious spells in charge later. This list should be given to anyone who accuses Newcastle fans of being impatient with managers. People who have vanished into managerial oblivion after coaching us, apart from Big Sam and Hughton (and even these two are hardly setting the world alight). Just a very poorly run club.

Within the boundaries of reality, at the moment I'd still like Tuchel as manager.

Hughton did a reasonable job. He's the only one we haven't actively chosen since Sir Bobby.

Hughton ticked a lot of those boxes listed earlier. I should have perhaps added one further box though:

- Won't get 'too close' to the players/take the playing squads side in any form of disagreement. ever. ever.

Dennis Wise, Lawrie Sanchez, Mick Harford  :(

Dennis Wise, Lawrie Sanchez, Mick Harford  :(

Poyet would be the obvious bet with his links to Wise, his availability, it'd be a step up, he'd not be after mega money and he's an ugly cunt who I hate.