Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

The question was ...''Who would you go for?''  not ''Who do you think might be available and might possibly come''

But why would "you go for" Benitez when he obviously wouldn't take the job?

It's not as if Ashley is dipping into the N-O talent pool for ideas. It's nice to fantasize sometimes.

Bielsa and Zemen are both available.  To complete the footballing hipster triumvirate - I will go for Dragan Stojkovic.

completely irrelevant to anything at all to do with this thread or pretty much anything except my own personal gripes but my god I hate that phrase.

Bielsa and Zemen are both available.  To complete the footballing hipster triumvirate - I will go for Dragan Stojkovic.

completely irrelevant to anything at all to do with this thread or pretty much anything except my own personal gripes but my god I hate that phrase.

It's a stupid phrase. People say Dortmund are a hipster club. I don't like Dortmund because it makes me a hipster , I like them because they play very exciting football

John Carlin, an English journalist, has stated that Bielsa "has the most cultured library of soccer in the world." [26]"

Second most cultured library of soccer in the world imo.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/27/article-2136234-12C8B569000005DC-403_964x548.jpg

John Carlin, an English journalist, has stated that Bielsa "has the most cultured library of soccer in the world." [26]"

Second most cultured library of soccer in the world imo.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/27/article-2136234-12C8B569000005DC-403_964x548.jpg

typical cheap ashey won't even pay for Sky plus  :rant:

Bielsa managing us would be something else. I'd go for any gung-ho manager who has self confidence in himself, his tactics, and can instill that self belief/positivity into players. Simple stuff eh? A man who isn't already defeated at first whistle and who actually, and truly gets what football is all about.

One day we'll get that and a new owner.

Someone who is passionate and inspires confidence in the players and who you know is a great manager just from his interviews, like Klopp or Bobby. And someone with an attacking mentality who will look to be positive with the players at our disposal. I don't know if someone like this who is attainable for us exists, but if he does, get the bugger in and get this oaf out.

Would anyone be happy with Glenn Hoddle? 

No, I didn't like his Chelsea team much, I would prefer someone less well known but who has produced decent football at a lower level. Obviously we won't pay for someone who has done it at a higher level so that's the next best thing. Di Matteo still looks like a decent punt to me.