Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Di Matteo's Chelsea didn't play good football like.

Yeap, also their league form was pretty average.

Both bollocks.....they were 4 points from top when hewas sacked.

Hazard also played his best football by a million miles under Di Matteo and they played us and quite a few other teams off the park.

Nah.

They bored their way to the Champions League and were very unspectacular in the league the year we finished 5th.

I was talking about when he got the job permanently I made that pretty clear in my original post on the subject.

No one would deny they were dire during his caretaker period.

Di Matteo's Chelsea didn't play good football like.

Yeap, also their league form was pretty average.

Both bollocks.....they were 4 points from top when hewas sacked.

Hazard also played his best football by a million miles under Di Matteo and they played us and quite a few other teams off the park.

Nah.

They bored their way to the Champions League and were very unspectacular in the league the year we finished 5th.

I was talking about when he got the job permanently I made that pretty clear in my original post on the subject.

No one would deny they were dire during his caretaker period.

I wasn't aware of that so take a chill pill man.

Di Matteo has a very good record, I don't understand how people can say otherwise. He did a commendable job at West Brom. he brought them out of the Championship playing very good football, significantly better than we played with superior players in fact. He did good business in the market bringing in the likes of Tchoyi and Osaze and had West Brom well out of the relegation zone when he was sacked for a bad run. It wasn't very dissimilar to Hughton.

At Chelsea he arrived at a team that was in disarray and open mutiny against its manager, had won one of six matches in the league and was 3-1 down in it's Champions League knockout tie. He completely changed the team's style of play to suit the personnel they had, and built an extremely organised and athletic side on the fly. From this point, he achieved six consecutive spectacular results in the Champions League, won the FA Cup and acceptable results in the Premiership until they beat Barcelona and essentially gave up on the CL through a top four place.

The next year he won 7 of the first 8 league matches with a very different side before all hell broke loose in Manchester, they lost, Ramires "heard racial abuse" and John Obi Mikel tried to actually kill Mark Clattenburg. He was sacked within a month having lost two league matches out of twelve. Clearly, he was never wanted. The guy has been very unfortunate in his last two posts. I would definitely have him here and he would be a certain improvement.

Di Matteo has a very good record, I don't understand how people can say otherwise. He did a commendable job at West Brom. he brought them out of the Championship playing very good football, significantly better than we played with superior players in fact. He did good business in the market bringing in the likes of Tchoyi and Osaze and had West Brom well out of the relegation zone when he was sacked for a bad run. It wasn't very dissimilar to Hughton.

At Chelsea he arrived at a team that was in disarray and open mutiny against its manager, had won one of six matches in the league and was 3-1 down in it's Champions League knockout tie. He completely changed the team's style of play to suit the personnel they had, and built an extremely organised and athletic side on the fly. From this point, he achieved six consecutive spectacular results in the Champions League, won the FA Cup and acceptable results in the Premiership until they beat Barcelona and essentially gave up on the CL through a top four place.

The next year he won 7 of the first 8 league matches with a very different side before all hell broke loose in Manchester, they lost, Ramires "heard racial abuse" and John Obi Mikel tried to actually kill Mark Clattenburg. He was sacked within a month having lost two league matches out of twelve. Clearly, he was never wanted. The guy has been very unfortunate in his last two posts. I would definitely have him here and he would be a certain improvement.

Top post.

Guest Howaythetoon

RDM clearly has something about him and will be a level above Pardew, although that doesn't mean much given how crap Pardew is. I'd prefer RDM over someone like Poyet, but for me, I'd go real left-field and look at handing Ginola or Zidane their managerial bow. I think Ginola especially could prove an inspired choice.

Guest bimpy474

I thought one of the factors is Di Matteo's sacking was playing (Juventus ?) away and losing because he didn't play a striker. Trying the Spainish no striker stuff.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought one of the factors is Di Matteo's sacking was playing (Juventus ?) away and losing because he didn't play a striker. Trying the Spainish no striker stuff.

I don't think he was ever their first choice but because of what he won and fan adulation, he got the gig full-time and rightly so. But its Chelsea and trying to work their decisions out is like trying to work out ours, only they at least have ambition...

... I meant at Real Madrid tbh, but aye.

Reminds me of this mackem caller-in on Total Sport on Monday who was talking about who their new manager might be and said "Mancini's gone now", and upon being told by the presenters that he would never have come, responded with "Aye, that's what I was going to say. Van Gaal could be an option."

:lol:

Just had a look at some of the current unemployed managers (as Ashley probably won't pay for anyone)

Roberto Di Matteo

Avram Grant

Stuart Pearce

Tony Pulis

Alex McLeish

Alan Curbishley

Neil Warrnock

Gary Megson

Martin O'Neil

Roy Keane

:jones:

Just had a look at some of the current unemployed managers (as Ashley probably won't pay for anyone)

Roberto Di Matteo

Avram Grant

Stuart Pearce

Tony Pulis

Alex McLeish

Alan Curbishley

Neil Warrnock

Gary Megson

Martin O'Neil

Roy Keane

They're all unemployed for good reason, barring Di Matteo. They are crap.

There was a period a couple of years ago when we were regularly linked with a manager in Spain.  I can't remember who it was.

Could we look abroad?  However, I imagine JFK's knowledge of foreign managers is non-existent.

The problem is that if Ashley picks the new manager we're in trouble, and if JFK picks him we're absolutely fucked. If, somehow, they decide to take some advice from someone mentally stable and with some knowledge of the European game, we might have half a chance.

There was a period a couple of years ago when we were regularly linked with a manager in Spain.  I can't remember who it was.

Could we look abroad?  However, I imagine JFK's knowledge of foreign managers is non-existent.

Was this guy i think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelino_Garc%C3%ADa_Toral

Doing very well with Villarreal at the moment. I think he's one of the best Spanish managers around, just unlucky of having landed in a couple troubled clubs (Zaragoza and Sevilla) that have held his career back.

Doing very well with Villarreal at the moment. I think he's one of the best Spanish managers around, just unlucky of having landed in a couple troubled clubs (Zaragoza and Sevilla) that have held his career back.

Being called Marcelino can't help.

Roberto Di Matteo

Avram Grant

Stuart Pearce

Tony Pulis

Alex McLeish

Alan Curbishley

Neil Warrnock

Gary Megson

Martin O'Neil

Roy Keane

The list starts and ends with -

Kinnear, Joseph Patrick

Roberto Di Matteo

Avram Grant

Stuart Pearce

Tony Pulis

Alex McLeish

Alan Curbishley

Neil Warrnock

Gary Megson

Martin O'Neil

Roy Keane

The list starts and ends with -

Kinnear, Joseph Patrick

You can add some better suggestions right here.

Roberto Di Matteo

Avram Grant

Stuart Pearce

Tony Pulis

Alex McLeish

Alan Curbishley

Neil Warrnock

Gary Megson

Martin O'Neil

Roy Keane

They're all unemployed for good reason, barring Di Matteo. They are crap.

Grant left his last post of his own volition after winning the Serbian league.

Avram's a funny one. Seems to do well when he's handed quality players(Chelsea, Maccabi Haifa, Partizan Belgrade). Struggled with Pompey (relegation wasn't entirely his fault there, they were docked 9 points) and West Ham, granted. I think we have a squad he could do well with.

Think he'd be better than Pardew though we have no chance of getting him.

edit: also he looks like a ghoul.