Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Would love Glenn Hoddle here like.

:lol:

He's a good manager who got a very unfair stance from the media.

He wouldn't come here though, our academy isn't good enough for his extremely high standards.

I agree with him mind every club should be investing heavily into the academy and not ignoring it, one of the main reasons the country is in a shit hole.

Lets go dutch and all in on 4-3-3. Van Gaal, Hiddink or Van Maarwijk available. Rijkaard also... :)

Van Gaal available? :dontknow:

Let's face it: Ashley will never again appoint a good manager. He did it once, and then proceeded to undermine him as he does. No manager worth his salt would work in a structure where he has no say on transfers and no transfer budget to speak off.

• 1 month later...

Aaah, this thread. Seem to remember getting laughed at for daring to suggest Jol isn't a very good manager.

We haven't got a clue, but allow us to continue to dream up scenarios in which foreign managers lead us to glory.

Should stick with the current English bloke in charge. He's taking us places

Strites. My post can only be interpreted as a ringing endorsement for Alan Pardew. May he manage us for ever more. Currently tossing myself off with a Union Jack.

My criteria is now.... defend from the front and squeeze the midfield.

Do that and your ok in my book.

Front foot football all the way under me Mole :thup:

None of this wishy-washy shite.

Any team under me will be the fittest fucking bunch you'll ever see.

Plenty off the ball movement, everybody drilled to find space all the time, everything based around simple triangles, always offering two options.

If you can't play football with one touch, with either foot, you're fucking out.

Play out from the back, no hoofball.

Defensive unit, drilled to fucking death on positional sense and awareness.

When we don't have the ball, you must absolutely hound, chase and run that ball down, all over the pitch.

Even great teams don't like being pressed for 90 minutes.

Win the ball at all costs, if you have the ball, you can't lose.

Simples :thup:

Realistically it needs to be a foreigner because traditionally they're far more used to the 'you'll get what you're [not] given' style of player acquisition we have in place. The alternative (aside from Kinnear) is someone so desperate they'll take the job anyway. There would be no shortage if wankers like Steve Kean willing to take it on.

They'd have to be unattached in any case.

Considering it is accepted that we will not pay compensation for a manager, then the choice of out of work managers is incredibly depressing.

The fact that Pulis is available fills me with fear because the oft repeated statement that a team has never been relegated under his management, would be something that would appeal to Ashley with his limited ambition of just staying in the Premier League.  However, it would be a disastrous decision that would kill the support and our players are totally unsuited for his style of play so it would require a huge overhaul in the playing staff.

I would hope (but would not expect) that Ashley would realise that we need a coach who has a history of developing players.  We have good players - all of whom seem to be regressing rather than improving.  He needs to understand that long-term it will be more financially beneficial to him to invest good money in a manager if he wants to increase the value of players because at the moment, our players will not attain the prices Ashley wants for them.

Thinking about who Kinnear would recommend as he seems to be the only person that Ashley trusts is also alarming as he is so old-school.  Maybe Hoddle with the Spurs connections but would he want to work under this regime and surely he would want a reasonable salary?

Guest bimpy474

Glenn Hoddle, ffs for all his good talk. He was average and never got Chelsea to finish higher than 11th before taking the England job. Did well at Southampton, Lost his job at Tottenham for poor results with them in the relegation zone, then was bang average with Wolves.