Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

It's hard to partner Cisse with anyone in a two because he doesn't have brute power nor blistering pace. He has smart movement, good control and a precise finish. For a player like cisse either the whole team needs to play well or he needs a partner who has strength and pace who isn't selfish....That kind of profile is hard to find.

I'd be interested to see how well Gouffran plays on the left wing though....

It's hard to partner Cisse with anyone in a two because he doesn't have brute power nor blistering pace. He has smart movement, good control and a precise finish. For a player like cisse either the whole team needs to play well or he needs a partner who has strength and pace who isn't selfish....That kind of profile is hard to find.

Gouffran doesn't look like a left winger to me. For a start he's right footed. Looks more like a straight swap for Demba from what I've seen.

Gouffran doesn't look like a left winger to me. For a start he's right footed. Looks more like a straight swap for Demba from what I've seen.

We need someone who can play up the middle in case Cisse gets injured. HBA can play left forward if Gouffran needs to play right. what's important is a striker who can play as part of a front 3

Guest reefatoon

Cisse needs a Beardsley in his pomp, any of those about?

Hatem.

HHmm, don't agree there, don't think they are alike at all.  Beardsley was probably the most unselfish footballer out there.

Not a winger for me either. His club play a bit of hoof ball in to the box and he has a canny knack of finding space in the box and scoring with his head. Can play it on the deck too.

We need someone who can play up the middle in case Cisse gets injured. HBA can play left forward if Gouffran needs to play right. what's important is a striker who can play as part of a front 3

I agree, actually I would really like to see HBA play left side, I just think he's probably not keen to as on the right he gets to cut inside and shoot more. But he'd provide absolute quality service from the left if he was prepared to play an unselfish role.

Not a winger for me either. His club play a bit of hoof ball in to the box and he has a canny knack of finding space in the box and scoring with his head. Can play it on the deck too.

Yeah doesn't look like his natural position. I think he's played on the right before though. I was hoping that he would improve our starting 11 though with Ben Arfa on the right so it would be interesting to see if he can play on the left.

I agree, actually I would really like to see HBA play left side, I just think he's probably not keen to as on the right he gets to cut inside and shoot more. But he'd provide absolute quality service from the left if he was prepared to play an unselfish role.

Mind you we know Hatem can hit them with his right as well so it wouldn't be a problem. It's just that the few times he has played on the left he wasn't as prominent. From previous interviews it looks like he likes the number 10 role and the right wing cutting in to shoot with the left is about as close as he's going to get to that position in this team.

Guest icemanblue

Cisse needs a Beardsley in his pomp, any of those about?

Hatem.

HHmm, don't agree there, don't think they are alike at all.  Beardsley was probably the most unselfish footballer out there.

It's the closest we're going to get, like. The hope is that with better players around him, he'll have reason to be less selfish. This season, we've relied on him too much to provide the individual spark to win games.

He's not a winger but he can play as an inside forward. That's what we need, he'll come into the box from wide and cause problems with Cisse, as well as looking to make some runs behind defenders.

:thup: basically what Remy would have done for us except of course Remy is a lot better. He is absolutely nothing like Ba or Cisse.