Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Gouffran only has to be better than Ranger and Xisco to be an improvement on our current Striker options. I would imagine he would be more of a goal threat than Shola is too. For 1 million Euros he would be an extremely low risk investment. He'd effectively be the long overdue replacement of Lovenkrands or Best.

Gouffran only has to be better than Ranger and Xisco to be an improvement on our current Striker options. I would imagine he would be more of a goal threat then Shola is too. For 1 million Euros he would be an extremely low risk investment. He'd effectively be the long overdue replacement of Lovenkrands or Best.

:thup:

Gouffran only has to be better than Ranger and Xisco to be an improvement on our current Striker options. I would imagine he would be more of a goal threat then Shola is too. For 1 million Euros he would be an extremely low risk investment. He'd effectively be the long overdue replacement of Lovenkrands or Best.

:thup:

Don't disagree... Just not quite the Ba replacement i had in mind i guess...

Sounds about right, but I'd be very surprised if we sign a replacement for Ba/Remy as well. That will probably be put off until the summer.

Sounds about right, but I'd be very surprised if we sign a replacement for Ba/Remy as well. That will probably be put off until the summer.

:thup: to both. Particularly if all these other bids are true although that Bastia chap is forward of sorts non? Not exactly a candidate for a first XI signing though it seems.

Yeah i'm seeing that too, but i do think the returning of fitness of Cabaye, Ben Arfa and possible additions of Mbiwa and Gouffran would be enough to get through to the summer.

Would much prefer a replacement for Ba on top of it but i doubt that will happen.

Guest icemanblue

This guy, plus a shiny expensive striker?

http://cantcontroleverythingafterall.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/excited.jpg

Gouffran strikes me as a bit of an Obertan mark II. Having said that, Gouffran's form has been decent of late (and from what I've seen of him, he does seem have a better footballing brain than Obertan) so I'd be all for him signing as a squad player (especially if it is a low fee).

Gouffran strikes me as a bit of an Obertan mark II. Having said that, Gouffran's form has been decent of late (and from what I've seen of him, he does seem have a better footballing brain than Obertan) so I'd be all for him signing as a squad player (especially if it is a low fee).

Just because he has a similar complexion, haircut and cam from the same French club?  :lol:

Come off it! Obertan wasn't even playing first team football in France, never mind scoring almost a goal every other game the last year and a half.

Just because he has a similar complexion, haircut and cam from the same French club?  :lol:

Come off it! Obertan wasn't even playing first team football in France, never mind scoring almost a goal every other game the last year and a half.

When I first saw Gouffran play (which was over 3 years ago tbf), I really wasn't impressed. Good on him for his recent bit of form though.

He was playing up front for Bordeaux today and didn't get much of a sniff, although they were pretty toothless in general. I thought he was more of a wide player but he looked similar to Ba in style.

Good, versatile player that would probably grab us 10-15 goals a season. Would be delighted with him.... especially if we get him for the quoted price. (1-3m or so, it seems.)

He's a vast improvement on Shola and Ranger.

Really? Got to wonder why the price is seemingly so low then, irrespective of the contract situation. Others should be in for him, surely.

Good, versatile player that would probably grab us 10-15 goals a season. Would be delighted with him.... especially if we get him for the quoted price. (1-3m or so, it seems.)

He's a vast improvement on Shola and Ranger.

Really? Got to wonder why the price is seemingly so low then, irrespective of the contract situation. Others should be in for him, surely.

Contract ending this year?