Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Thought this one would be right up our street this month. Given that he looks likely to cost around £7.5m less than our original target do people hold out any hope that we may be looking to supplement his arrival with another attacking player? Or has the money been put towards targets in other areas now? I'm leaning towards the latter given Pardew's comments in the press a few weeks ago, but I live in eternal hope as always.

Even if it's just a player like Thauvin coming in (who perhaps wouldn't have been bothered with otherwise) I think I'd be happy enough, although someone in the Payet mould - yep I'm gonna keep banging that drum - would be marvelous.

Thought this one would be right up our street this month. Given that he looks likely to cost around £7.5m less than our original target do people hold out any hope that we may be looking to supplement his arrival with another attacking player? Or has the money been put towards targets in other areas now? I'm leaning towards the latter given Pardew's comments in the press a few weeks ago, but I live in eternal hope as always.

Even if it's just a player like Thauvin coming in (who perhaps wouldn't have been bothered with otherwise) I think I'd be happy enough, although someone in the Payet mould - yep I'm gonna keep banging that drum - would be marvelous.

Nah. This guy in, keep the Remy money for the summer.

Whether that will be enough, I dunno.

Nah. This guy in, keep the Remy money for the summer.

Whether that will be enough, I dunno.

I reckon we may try and loan a striker as well (bent maybe) and go for Carroll in the summer.

Good, versatile player that would probably grab us 10-15 goals a season. Would be delighted with him.... especially if we get him for the quoted price. (1-3m or so, it seems.)

He's a vast improvement on Shola and Ranger.

Really? Got to wonder why the price is seemingly so low then, irrespective of the contract situation. Others should be in for him, surely.

12 goals in 27 starts is not bad. :thup: (I think he got similar amount last season.)

Be funny if he outscored Remy. :)

Not Ba's replacement if he comes, hopefully. A much needed squad player though. At the price quoted it is an absolute no brainer of a deal. Light years ahead of anything we have (after Cisse).

I think we are looking to get him in then gambling that we can get a much better price on our Ba replacement.. if not we wait until the summer.

Cant actually believe we are haggling of 250k.. surely more to it than that. Hopefully we get him in though.

Is this lad a good foil for Cisse? Usually play out wide or what?

I think he does usually play out wide yes.

Scored something like 14 in 35 last season Rich.

Wasn't me asking sausage :aww:

Not Ba's replacement if he comes, hopefully. A much needed squad player though. At the price quoted it is an absolute no brainer of a deal. Light years ahead of anything we have (after Cisse).

I think we are looking to get him in then gambling that we can get a much better price on our Ba replacement.. if not we wait until the summer.

Cant actually believe we are haggling of 250k.. surely more to it than that. Hopefully we get him in though.

Sounds plausible.

Is this lad a good foil for Cisse? Usually play out wide or what?

can play out wide apparently, but has been through the middle this season as far as I can see.

Seems to be scoring when played in the middle, not so much when out wide. heard that before.....

Am I remembering wrong or did we have a "large" offer knocked back for Luuk De Jong in the summer? Or was it accepted and he just didn't fancy it? Was it ever confirmed by a reliable source?

I'm of the mind that we are in the market for another expensive forward if the right one is available, and I'd be surprised if Gouffran represented our only business up top given how close to the first team that would still leave Shola and Ranger.

Might as well gamble now if there's something that can be done.

Am I remembering wrong or did we have a "large" offer knocked back for Luuk De Jong in the summer? Was it ever confirmed by a reliable source?

I'm of the mind that we are in the market for another expensive forward if the right one is available, and I'd be surprised if Gouffran represented our only business up top given how close to the first team that would still leave Shola and Ranger.

Might as well gamble now if there's something that can be done.

still think Carroll will be back in summer.