Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Not Ba's replacement if he comes, hopefully. A much needed squad player though. At the price quoted it is an absolute no brainer of a deal. Light years ahead of anything we have (after Cisse).

I think we are looking to get him in then gambling that we can get a much better price on our Ba replacement.. if not we wait until the summer.

Cant actually believe we are haggling of 250k.. surely more to it than that. Hopefully we get him in though.

He seems like a Best/Lovenkrands replacement to me, which honestly would do me for now. With Cabaye, Taylor and Ben Arfa come back and get this lad and Mbiwa in and i think that will be enough to stay up then hopefully push on in the summer.

Am I remembering wrong or did we have a "large" offer knocked back for Luuk De Jong in the summer? Was it ever confirmed by a reliable source?

I'm of the mind that we are in the market for another expensive forward if the right one is available, and I'd be surprised if Gouffran represented our only business up top given how close to the first team that would still leave Shola and Ranger.

Might as well gamble now if there's something that can be done.

still think Carroll will be back in summer.

I really fucking hope not.

Am I remembering wrong or did we have a "large" offer knocked back for Luuk De Jong in the summer? Was it ever confirmed by a reliable source?

I'm of the mind that we are in the market for another expensive forward if the right one is available, and I'd be surprised if Gouffran represented our only business up top given how close to the first team that would still leave Shola and Ranger.

I really fucking hope not.

You've been Pardewed!! :lol:

Is there any chance that our board etc have finally wised up and will leave us in a better position at end of this window, would be fantastic. Still think we should bring another body in up front if we can - maybe Aubemyang if we could although I won't get greedy and adding a Right Back and Centre Half with some cover up front is a good start.

If they had actually done this in the summer we wouldn't have had to put up with Williamson and Debuchy and undoubtedly would be further up the table

he wouldn't be a direct replacement for anyone but a mobile, adaptable forward who can play up top through the middle and off another forward (from the little i've seen). the game is now about mobility, lets hope our manager sees this.

I really f***ing hope not.

Me too.

Ben Lyttleton‏@benlyt

L'Equipe: Yanga-Mbiwa (5-yr deal) & Haidara (€3.5m) to sign today for #NUFC, #Gouffran negs continue, Bordeaux want €4m, NUFC bid €1m.

Much bigger difference than we thought. Still think we'll be able to make it a goer though.

Ben Lyttleton‏@benlyt

L'Equipe: Yanga-Mbiwa (5-yr deal) & Haidara (€3.5m) to sign today for #NUFC, #Gouffran negs continue, Bordeaux want €4m, NUFC bid €1m.

Much bigger difference than we thought. Still think we'll be able to make it a goer though.

would it be surprising if the original price was 1mill, we bid, then once they have a bite they raise the price in the hope that once we've nibbled we'll keep on nibbling.

Guest icemanblue

Ben Lyttleton‏@benlyt

would it be surprising if the original price was 1mill, we bid, then once they have a bite they raise the price in the hope that once we've nibbled we'll keep on nibbling.

They haven't dealt with us before, have they? :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Would appear no brainer on the cost like, and if upgrade on Jonas and Obertan then great.

Is he quite a direct player and pacy?

Place the cash in a brown envelope on the pitch at kick off and it will be an upgrade on those two in an attacking sense.

Would appear no brainer on the cost like, and if upgrade on Jonas and Obertan then great.

Is he quite a direct player and pacy?

Place the cash in a brown envelope on the pitch at kick off and it will be an upgrade on those two in an attacking sense.

That's what they want you to think.