Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

I dunno if it was Dummett's absolutely stinking performance behind him, but he was just as shit as ever IMO. Everything went down the opposite side and he just passed it square instead of taking players on as per.

He got his chance

He done nothing, same old Goofy

Waste of a player

Disagree completely. If he didn't have his history, and you didn't have pre-conceived ideas about him as a player, you'd be saying his performance yesterday was canny enough. He was fine. Did plenty of chasing and tracking. Got involved in a few nice bits of play between the front 3/4. Had a very good effort saved. A metre either side and we would have been raving about a great goal.

He's not a great player, but he played fine, especially for someone who's barely kicked a ball for a year.

I'm sure he chased back plenty and did a lot of tracking. That's what he offers and if that's what he's in the team for then fine, no problems.

Stats wise it doesn't look good. By far least amount of possesion, least amount of touches, poor passing %, zero tackles, one (unsuccessful) dribble.

Reading from that it seems even at this level he hides a lot behind the opposition and isn't available for a pass. Same old. Hoped he'd be a little more confident in this division.

He got his chance

Waste of a player

Disagree completely. If he didn't have his history, and you didn't have pre-conceived ideas about him as a player, you'd be saying his performance yesterday was canny enough. He was fine. Did plenty of chasing and tracking. Got involved in a few nice bits of play between the front 3/4. Had a very good effort saved. A metre either side and we would have been raving about a great goal.

He's not a great player, but he played fine, especially for someone who's barely kicked a ball for a year.

I'm sure he chased back plenty and did a lot of tracking. That's what he offers and if that's what he's in the team for then fine, no problems.

Stats wise it doesn't look good. By far least amount of possesion, least amount of touches, poor passing %, zero tackles, one (unsuccessful) dribble.

Reading from that it seems even at this level he hides a lot behind the opposition and isn't available for a pass. Same old. Hoped he'd be a little more confident in this division.

Where are you reading those stats?

I didn't see him hiding at all, personally, and thought he put in as good a shift as anyone else. Although you could tell he hadn't played for a while because he didn't look match sharp.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1084896/Live

He got his chance

Waste of a player

Where are you reading those stats?

I didn't see him hiding at all, personally, and thought he put in as good a shift as anyone else. Although you could tell he hadn't played for a while because he didn't look match sharp.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1084896/Live

As I say, he was fine. Wouldn't put much stock in those stats.

Edit: Plus they're actually wrong. He put in two tackles, definitely, that I can remember in the first half to win the ball back from one of their right siders.

It was a good tackle as well. I'm one of the haters, but he wasn't bad tonight.

I thought he did okay, put a shift, got 2 assists and had a decent acrobatic effort on goal in the 1st half.

Played regularly he'll do alright at this level.

Bingo. Not really sure what else people were expecting out of a player who is clearly hated by a huge chunk of the fanbase (and like it or not, that probably does affect his performances), and who hasn't kicked a competitive football for the most of the past year.

He did fine. He'll be a useful player for us this year IF people allow him to be (i.e. get over their mental perception of him).

From Rafa's quotes after the game it seems like Gouff's probably going to be leaving before the window closes but he did a job yesterday. He's one of those players who doesn't really have any standout attributes, but he does the simple things which are needed to keep it ticking over from a team perspective. A bit like Colback except with a bit more pace and energy.

Always been a bit sympathetic towards old Goofy. He was one of the few players who could genuinely claim to be 'pardewed'. He was a very effective player for us at one stage before he was transformed into a useless defensive sack of nothing under pards. If he'd left in 2014, he'd have gone down as a very good signing. Meanwhile, people like Sissoko and Mapou got a free pass for ages despite never really looking the part.

Always been a bit sympathetic towards old Goofy. He was one of the few players who could genuinely claim to be 'pardewed'. He was a very effective player for us at one stage before he was transformed into a useless defensive sack of nothing under pards. If he'd left in 2014, he'd have gone down as a very good signing. Meanwhile, people like Sissoko and Mapou got a free pass for ages despite never really looking the part.

:lol:

Sissoko saved us from going down in 2013, man. Never looking the part for fuck sake. Sissoko looked the part way before (and after) Gouffran.

My blinkers arent on about goofy, apart from when he first came hes largely been shite.

Mick Lowes and Ando both more or less said he would be nowhere near their team and i agree.

I saw very little if anything from him last night to suggest he wants the shirt.

Compare the running of his mate on the other side of the wing Ritchie who was a terrier all night.

Seriously the bloke is hopeless and has been for years, i want him to surprise me but no, same level last night as under Pardew and co.

Look im not here to be a wum, im just giving my honest opinion on a player whos had his chances and been given another by someone very much wiser than me of course, i was just dissapointed in his effort and performance for someone given a chance to keep the shirt.

Sissoko saved us from going down in 2013, man. Never looking the part for f*** sake. Sissoko looked the part way before (and after) Gouffran.

Maybe I was a little harsh on him, but saying he saved us in 2013 is pretty generous. The man has never performed consistently for us.

Sissoko saved us from going down in 2013, man. Never looking the part for f*** sake. Sissoko looked the part way before (and after) Gouffran.

Maybe I was a little harsh on him, but saying he saved us in 2013 is pretty generous. The man has never performed consistently for us.

He's been our only outlet for the last few years and generally when a player's value goes up it suggests he's been doing something right. Whether you like him as a person is a separate issue but this has been done to death anyway. I'm in a good place right now where if we sell him we'll get £20m+ and if we keep him, we'll keep one of our best players who'll scare the shit out championship defences.

Gouffran was picked yesterday just to do a job, mainly because we didn't have Sissoko or Diame available. He'll probably be sold before the month's out. I think Rafa was happy enough with the shift he put in but he's obviously not in his plans once we get our squad settled.

It's more the fact you think a 'tidy' player who's not fast or slow is more worthy of a place than Aarons, dude.

I don't think that. I said he showed more last night than Aarons has in ages. Obviously long term I'd love Aarons to succeed, but he's been woeful recently, and Gouffran played well last night.

Whey, that opening gambit is a lie for starters. Aarons was absolutely ridic against Spurs last season, a game you were at.

Aarons is obviously the better player, but he's been a liability so far this season. Hopefully it's just a blip and he'll get the pace of it, but I think Rafa just wanted a safe option with Gouffran. He's not a wide player, but he puts the yards in and can pass it simple.