Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Don't mind him in reserve but Knockaert looked far better.

Knockaert did nowt today

Actually, he looked very good

None of the Brighton players looked very good. I actually forgot Knockaert was playing until about 60 mins in.

That's why I thought he looked good, was dangerous despite his team not playing very well.

Apart from one shot against the bar I remember him doing absolutely nothing

Volley just over at the back post not long after he hit the bar ?

Generally grafts and puts a shift in, will no doubt chip in with a few goals this season. More than worth his place in the team at the minute, especially with Aaron's getting injured and Perez being pretty poor yesterday, although was out of position. Think he is more suited to this league than Ayoze is.

He's scored twice for us since 2013. One of which was blasted in off his thigh.

Knockaert did nowt today

None of the Brighton players looked very good. I actually forgot Knockaert was playing until about 60 mins in.

That's why I thought he looked good, was dangerous despite his team not playing very well.

What volley was that?

He's talking about Knockaert not Gouffran

I despair at some of the people that claim to support this club.

Some have obviously built up so much hatred for this guy, it would kill them to see him come good.

I'm happy with his contribution so far this season, and can see no reason to criticize.

Some have obviously built up so much hatred for this guy, it would kill them to see him come good.

I'm happy with his contribution so far this season, and can see no reason to criticize.

SEE HIM COME GOOD?! AFTER 3 YEARS, AT 30?

He's not going to turn into anything better than what he is now - and has been for the duration of his time here - which might be generously described as a passable championship winger.

Knockaert did nowt today

What volley was that?

He's talking about Knockaert not Gouffran

Ah my bad, sorry Officer Dibble.

He's not going to turn into anything better than what he is now - and has been for the duration of his time here - which might be generously described as a passable championship winger.

Okay, don't wet your pants.

A passable championship winger at a championship club in need of a winger.

He hasn't really put a foot wrong this season, and COULD just be warming up.

I think everybody on here knows his history at the club. Some of us are looking forward.

I think he'd be fine as a backup wide forward in a 4-3-3. Or in his natural position at CF, where he hasn't really played since Pards decided he liked the idea of him as a wide defensive midfielder.

You'd hope we wouldn't have to keep playing him where he is atm.

Yeah. He's gonna suddenly find a bit of pace and ability to go past players and cross it at 30.

With an attacking fullback I expect he will drift inside more. Enabling him to try efforts like his shot that hit the bar, or win free-kicks for Shelvey  or Ritchie to strike home.

Okay, don't wet your pants.

A passable championship winger at a championship club in need of a winger.

He hasn't really put a foot wrong this season, and COULD just be warming up.

I think everybody on here knows his history at the club. Some of us are looking forward.

Being an attacking player isn't about not making mistakes, it's about getting on the ball and making things happen

You can't question his 2 goals in his last 65 or so games, like.

Win free kicks.:lol: Aye, ok.

I'm not talking about his past form under a series of shite managers, drilling the enthusiasm out of everybody that has heard of the club.

I'm talking about whether you are justified in complaining about his performances this season.

I actually thought he won the free-kick for Shelvey but I was maybe mistaken.

His attitude this season is a damn sight more positive than a lot on here.

He's played well so far, so I don't have any real problems with him. He's not the long term answer but that goes without saying.

He wasn't involved in our 1st two games. We lost both. Since he came into the team we have won 4 in a row, kept 3 CS in a row, scored 9 conceded 1.

WTF are you whinging about?

He's played well so far, so I don't have any real problems with him. He's not the long term answer but that goes without saying.

He wasn't involved in our 1st two games. We lost both. Since he came into the team we have won 4 in a row, kept 3 CS in a row, scored 9 conceded 1.

WTF are you whinging about?

He says, in reply to the least whinging post in the thread

Gouffran will chip in with the odd goal arriving late in the box. He's had a few chances already this season  that stunning effort off the bar excluded. There was that half-volley at the end of the first half, and another one in the second half where he couldn't get it down. He isn't a good player and isn't going to be an influential winger, but he has a modicum of attacking instinct and a lot is graft so will be a useful squad member.