Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

He's been playing on the wing for 3.5 years for us now, he should be used to playing there now.

:lol: He had a long spell out of the side and he played for shit, shit, shit managers.

And that not to take into account that we're talking about Gouffran as a Championship player now, not a top flight player. (I haven't seen anyone that wants him for next season. )

Anyway.... :lol:

He's been playing on the wing for 3.5 years for us now, he should be used to playing there now.

:lol: He had a long spell out of the side and he played for s***, s***, s*** managers.

And that not to take into account that we're talking about Gouffran as a Championship player now, not a top flight player. (I haven't seen anyone that wants him for next season. )

Lille wanted him in January, and probably will in the summer since he's a free agent.

*Que "lol Lille"*

:lol: He had a long spell out of the side and he played for s***, s***, s*** managers.

Lille wanted him in January, and probably will in the summer since he's a free agent.

*Que "lol Lille"*

Couldn't give a shit - they're welcome to him.

Guest neesy111

:lol: He had a long spell out of the side and he played for shit, shit, shit managers.

He's played 116 league games for us.

It's amazing how players can be defended by saying they've played under shit managers, managers only do so much.

He's played 116 league games for us.

It's amazing how players can be defended by saying they've played under shit managers, managers only do so much.

How many of those games were on the wing, then?

Anyone with half-decent observation skill, and memory, can see that this player was well and truly fucked by the likes of Pardew and co. Of course EVERY player has to take responsibility for their own performances, but sometimes there is a bigger underlying cause for their shitness.

With Gouffran, he was once a a good STRIKER in Ligue 1 and was decent enough, considering our stature at the time, for us in the PL - when utilised correctly.

But obviously this doesn't suit the agendas here.

*Que "lol Lille"*

Couldn't give a s*** - they're welcome to him.

You were the one saying the "odd goal here and there" as if it was a positive for him being in the team.

Make your mind up.

*Que "lol Lille"*

You were the one saying the "odd goal here and there" as if it was a positive for him being in the team.

Make your mind up.

Considering what we have, the league we're in and our league position, my point was that he contributed adequately enough.

He can't be that bad if Rafa persists with him. (Which, in my opinion, for the team cohesion - rightly or wrongly.)

Next season, Lille are welcome to him.

(I hope that's not too confusing for you now?)

*Que "lol Lille"*

Make your mind up.

Considering what we have, the league we're in and our league position, my point was that he contributed adequately enough.

He can't be that bad if Rafa persists with him. (Which, in my opinion, for the team cohesion - rightly or wrongly.)

Ritchie and Atsu with better goal and assist ratios.

As other people have already explained, his goals don't make up for the fact he's a hindrance due to lack of technique, end product, and positional understanding for playing on the wing.

Rafa plays him for defensive balance, I agree, much like he did with Kuyt at Liverpool. Doesn't mean Gouff is performing adequately.

*Que "lol Lille"*

Make your mind up.

As other people have already explained, his goals don't make up for the fact he's a hindrance due to lack of technique, end product, and positional understanding for playing on the wing.

Rafa plays him for defensive balance, I agree, much like he did with Kuyt at Liverpool. Doesn't mean Gouff is performing adequately.

Not much between Atsu and Gouffran. There's more to football than simply descriptive stats.

Surely Rafa should be getting equal criticism for playing him, then?

And yes, I would describe Gouffran's contribution as adequate enough.

Quite simply, we know what Gouffran does, it's not going to change. He runs around a lot, tracks back well and has a decent instinct in the box, that's it.

Our other option is Atsu, who is clearly talented but raw and less reliable defensively.

Things are going fine, so there is no urgency to change things. Neither are the answer if we get promoted.

I'd agree that he's being played out of position tbh, I wouldn't be at all against him starting up top instead of Mitrovic while Gayle is out. Gives us a bit of mobility at least.

On the wing though he's utterly awful and a huge reason that we are so hopeless at trying to take the game to teams.

*Que "lol Lille"*

Make your mind up.

Not much between Atsu and Gouffran. There's more to football than simply descriptive stats.

Surely Rafa should be getting equal criticism for playing him, then?

And yes, I would describe Gouffran's contribution as adequate enough.

I can't stand seeing Dummett and Gouffran on the left side, but it's difficult to argue with results. We were horrible to watch for 45 mins yesterday but we didn't concede, then went on to win comfortably in the end. It's torture to watch though, can't wait until we are back in the premier if only because we won't get away with this sort of non-football at a higher level.

He'll be back in midfield for Tuesday. Pisses me off something rotten, because the goals we gave away weren't down to lack of defensive cover from Atsu, they were down to defenders and the goalkeeper virtually hoying them in their own net.

He'll be back in midfield for Tuesday. Pisses me off something rotten, because the goals we gave away weren't down to lack of defensive cover from Atsu, they were down to defenders and the goalkeeper virtually hoying them in their own net.

Attacking players always get the blame and chop from managers.