Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

As if Gouffran was ever not going to start away to the best side in the league. :lol:

I'm no fan of his when he's playing, he's missed when he's not and that's down to the failings of others as much as anything.  We've moved him central a couple of times lately and we've improved because he has more movement than anybody but Gayle up front.

As if Gouffran was ever not going to start away to the best side in the league. :lol:

I'm no fan of his when he's playing, he's missed when he's not and that's down to the failings of others as much as anything.  We've moved him central a couple of times lately and we've improved because he has more movement than anybody but Gayle up front.

Good spot Mick. I remember when him and Sissoko first arrived we suddenly started popping off some one-twos which we hadn't seen before under Pardew. Gouffran isn't a wide player but he does have good movement. Might be why some people have been suggesting him up front in Gayle's absence.

• 1 month later...
Guest palnese

Just like with Colback - he's not picking himself.

We don't have a single LW in the squad, either. I doubt that's Rafa's choice.

Atsu and Lazaar would be the obvious options. Find it incredible that Lazaar's never been given a chance even at LW.

The best way to take the pressure off the LB is by putting a genuine attacking threat in front of him. We just don't have one.

Aye and Atsu and Sammy being the options, Atsu offers more going forward and still works back. Still can't work out why Gouffran starts ahead of him. I mean it's not like Gouffran offer that much more defensively is it.

Atsu's had plenty of opportunities to make the position his own but he hasn't taken them. We'd be a much more balanced team with a natural left winger in our team

I'd still say he's offered much more than Gouffran, but we do need a wide player which should have been bought in January just like Rafa wanted and asked for.

Atsu's had plenty of opportunities to make the position his own but he hasn't taken them. We'd be a much more balanced team with a natural left winger in our team

Agree but we're desperate for a solid LB. It'd honestly be one of the first moves I made in the market. An attacking FB on that side would make a huge difference to our balance.

Guest neesy111

A better LW will help Dummett, but you can't legislate how bad he is on the ball even when he has some time on it (re Dummett).

• 2 weeks later...