Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

They sat back a lot more when he shifted up front and Atsu came on. Before that they had the freedom of the pitch to push up knowing that Gouff wouldn't beat a man, the ball bounces off Mitro and Ritchie cuts inside.

I reckon Rafa isn't serious about him or Anita getting a new contract, he can't really say i don't want either in the future right now. He's just being diplomatic at the moment when asked.

keeping them motivated for the rest of the season.

I reckon Rafa isn't serious about him or Anita getting a new contract, he can't really say i don't want either in the future right now. He's just being diplomatic at the moment when asked.

"New contracts? Nah, the both of them can fuck off tbh"

Was Ritchie injured or how on earth did this guy stay on instead? Desperately need someone who isn't rubbish out there for the coming games. Rafa seems to not trust Atsu but honestly what the fuck does Gouffran do? I wouldn't mind seeing Perez out there with Diame off Gayle.

(I didn't see the game obviously, feels a pretty safe assumption that Gouffran offered absolutely nothing out wide as ever though.)

Usually scores when he's playing at his shittest like yesterday.  He seriously offers nothing.

Apart from the odd goal here and there.

Yeah, his one goal every 429 minutes he's been on the pitch this year has really made it worthwhile having an absolute hindrance to our general attacking play on the left wing.

Ritchie has a goal every 312 minutes and Atsu a goal every 238 minutes by the way, and as a bonus neither of them are utterly terrified of being asked to receive or play a pass.

Guest alijmitchell

I can forgive gouffran a bit because he doesn't really get any help down the left - it is really Dummett that's the problem

I actually think it's Gouffran that is the hindrance to Dummett. I'm no fan of Dummett but Gouffran barely ever offers for the ball wide, meaning Dummett more often than not has to go long.

An actual wide midfielder would see an (albeit limited) improvement from Dummett IMO.

Guest neesy111

I actually think it's Gouffran that is the hindrance to Dummett. I'm no fan of Dummett but Gouffran barely ever offers for the ball wide, meaning Dummett more often than not has to go long.

An actual wide midfielder would see an (albeit limited) improvement from Dummett IMO.

Yeap, I was in the milburn stand and 1st half could see Gouffran offering absolutely nothing for Dummett.

Yeap, I was in the milburn stand and 1st half could see Gouffran offering absolutely nothing for Dummett.

Nessy, you constantly remind people of your position at the match as if it offers exclusive insight that can't be observed from the other 3 stands or TV :lol:

Why?? :lol:

Usually scores when he's playing at his shittest like yesterday.  He seriously offers nothing.

Apart from the odd goal here and there.

Yeah, his one goal every 429 minutes he's been on the pitch this year has really made it worthwhile having an absolute hindrance to our general attacking play on the left wing.

Ritchie has a goal every 312 minutes and Atsu a goal every 238 minutes by the way, and as a bonus neither of them are utterly terrified of being asked to receive or play a pass.

Gouffran is playing out of position, though. Clearly.

He's a useful player for us in this league and he's still better than the majority of the players playing his position in the same league.

We've got bigger problems than him.

Btw, the stats.... :lol: ..... I don't think Ritchie had a better record, to be fair, until his recent good spell. I mean even he then was labelled as crap. :lol:

Yup. Gouffran is the biggest problem, in that he's a winger that can barely do anything required of the position.

Dummett is a limited fullback, but far more up to his role (at this level) than Gouffran.

He's as much a winger as Pappis Cisse!