Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Don't rate him but bigger problems than Gouffran in our team. The centre back partnership of Clark and Lascelles is shaky even at this level and we continue to concede an alarming amount of goals from  speculative  balls into the box that should be easy to defend against. I keep saying it but take Shelvey and Ritchie away and we are a bang ordinary Championship team. The last time we went up we had Enrique, Simpson, Coloccini, Butt, Routledge, Nolan & Carroll who were all excellent players at that level and at that time. This team is nowhere near as good.

Guest neesy111

Well he limits his weaknesses and knows what he can and can't do. Much like yourself Ronaldo, you stick to your self important one line posts.

:lol: :lol:

:clap:

Don't rate him but bigger problems than Gouffran in our team. The centre back partnership of Clark and Lascelles is shaky even at this level and we continue to concede an alarming amount of goals from  speculative  balls into the box that should be easy to defend against. I keep saying it but take Shelvey and Ritchie away and we are a bang ordinary Championship team. The last time we went up we had Enrique, Simpson, Coloccini, Butt, Routledge, Nolan & Carroll who were all excellent players at that level and at that time. This team is nowhere near as good.

Colo we kept because no one would take him (he came good because of that season), Simpson was/is a championship player who got lucky, Carroll wasn't a thought at the start of that season., agree with the overall thought though.

He's substandard, but it shows the importance of movement in a striker. When he went up top, at least he made some runs for Perez to find, before that I was hardly aware Murphy was on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

The absolute high point of Goodman's commentary yesterday was saying before kick-off that Gouffran had "all the ability in the world". You knew there and then that the guy had basically nothing of note to contribute. :lol:

Anyway, thought Atsu looked sharp when he came on and with him impressing at the ACON then I really hope that he can push Gouffran out of the first choice spot at LW.

Gouffran however is notably less dismal as the lone striker than he is out wide. He's not particularly quick or anything but he's vastly more mobile than Mitro or Murphy and with how slow our team is in general we need a front man who can move. He should be Gayle's backup until the end of the year IMO.