The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Not a classic that but a decent scoreline with these defenders at our disposal. Colo was warming up for ages, I was dying to see him.

Alex Kacaniklic looking the part again.

Not that I pay much attention, but I can't remember a worse Swedish back four than what they've currently got.

Typical friendly game tbh, as soon as Argentina went 3-1 up they stopped caring. Isaksson's bicycle kick off the line was probably the highlight of the game :lol: What did you make of Friends Arena?

Not a classic that but a decent scoreline with these defenders at our disposal. Colo was warming up for ages, I was dying to see him.

Alex Kacaniklic looking the part again.

Not that I pay much attention, but I can't remember a worse Swedish back four than what they've currently got.

Typical friendly game tbh, as soon as Argentina went 3-1 up they stopped caring. Isaksson's bicycle kick off the line was probably the highlight of the game :lol: What did you make of Friends Arena?

Was sat next to a boy who was about 8-9 years old. He kept asking his dad why Argentina attacked down our right side and their left. After about five times his dad just took three minutes to explain how shit Lustig is. These defenders, man. How we're still in contention to qualify for the WC is a borderline miracle.

Friends Arena - the highlight apart from seeing Messi in flesh and being the sole Coloccini supporter in there. You'll love it if you're going to keep attending AIK games. I think derbies in there will be special, the noise understandably went missing tonight. But all in all, it's magnificent and what this city has been missing.

Lustig is just so fucking rubbish, how does he keep getting picked? :lol:

The atmosphere was never going to be good, get the feeling that there's probably about 60 % sponsorship tickets with the remaining 40 % there to see Zlatan and Messi. Good to hear that it seems like a good arena though :thup:

Lustig is just so f***ing rubbish, how does he keep getting picked? :lol:

The atmosphere was never going to be good, get the feeling that there's probably about 60 % sponsorship tickets with the remaining 40 % there to see Zlatan and Messi. Good to hear that it seems like a good arena though :thup:

Don't care much for any of them, Olsson is decent going forward but the knuckle brothers at CB are fairly rubbish as well, especially when we don't sit back.

Not many capable defenders coming through now either. How's Milosevic progressing from his injury?

He played in the U21 game against England yesterday. Didn't really do much, but I was disappointed with him giving away possession a couple of times when he's normally very composed on the ball.

I'd have Backman in there ahead of Granqvist at the moment like. He's been excellent for us and the only thing holding him back at the moment is his age and the fact that he still plays in Sweden. Milosevic will be an even better defender than him, but right now Backman is better.

Seriously, reading through the last couple of pages of this thread. Some people are so frustrating when it comes to their opinion on Wayne Rooney. The only person who has got it spot on is Mole.

In terms of Manchester United, people are saying he's playing second fiddle to the main man on the team, he's not. He is the main man on the team, make no mistake about that. It seems these days you need to have an abundance of flair and beat players to be considered a world class forward. He is our best and most effective player. His ability of dragging players out of position to create space for others is second to none.

The most ludicrous thing is to say he isn't as dangerous as he was. Why? Because he doesn't run at players as much as he used to? He's scoring more and assisting more than he ever was and he's in a deeper role, providing a lot more cover and protection to the midfield than he ever did. He's far more dangerous than he used to be.

Maybe we were just too excited because he developed early.

It's like a new phone you get, and it's really exciting, and snazzy, you get it and it's better than everyone elses, does loads of things, then it becomes mr reliable for a few years and you get a bit sentimentally attached, then you look up one day and everyone elses phone is better, and yours is a bit battered, and can't take photos anymore.

50 goals in his last 70 games in a deep lying playmaker role. Yeah, upgrade please.  :hmm:

Rooney is our best player ffs :lol:

Well he is like. There's a reason we don't look like the same team without him and tend to lose when he doesn't play or isn't fit, i.e. Norwich, Spurs. While RVP is world class and we are extremely lucky to have a player of his calibre, should he be injured or unfit we have a good replacement in Hernandez, who basically scores when he comes on the pitch.

Nobody can do what Rooney does for us.

Ashley Cole has been England's best player over the last decade.

Rooney keeps on letting us down when we really need him.

The amount of pressure the English media puts on the International team is ridiculous, but on Rooney it's a whole other level. Just because he's your best player he's expected to carry an average side to glory every time there's a major tournament. Unless you can call Argentina of '86 an average side, no player in history has ever carried an average side to World Cup glory.

The amount of pressure the English media puts on the International team is ridiculous, but on Rooney it's a whole other level. Just because he's your best player he's expected to carry an average side to glory every time there's a major tournament. Unless you can call Argentina of '86 an average side, no player in history has ever carried an average side to World Cup glory.

There's a fairly big gap between 'carrying a team to glory' and turning up at major tournaments unable to trap the ball. Rooney's last 2 tournament appearances have been astonishingly bad.

Wilshere is the most important player for England in the next 10 years.

:thup: Been saying this for some time.

He reminds me of Gazza in the way he can quickly skip past somebody and put in a pass straight after. Also he reminds me of him in the way that even when he has a poor game, he never hides and always wants the ball. Whereas I've seen Gerrard have some shockers in an England shirt and he has hidden and not stood up when he has been needed. I have no doubt Wilshere will do this.

Rooney is our best player ffs :lol:

Ashley Cole has been England's best player over the last decade.

Rooney keeps on letting us down when we really need him.

I don't expect Rooney to carry England to glory, as I've never expected us to win any tournament Rooney has played in. What I expect is for him to at least be able to make basic passes, be able to control a ball. He has been abysmal in his last couple of tournaments for England, there's no denying that.

*edit*

Sewelly. :thup: