The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Bradford haven't committed a foul yet according to BBC (fully expect that to be wrong) but it says it all. Showing them far too much respect, needed to get in/amongst them from the off; give them a kick, get in their face and stop them from playing. Disappointing but not at all surprising.

they said before Ki was compared to David Beckham in South Korea.  How many "Beckham's" do they have over there?!  'Cos I thought Park was, then Ji was supposed to be...?

None of these people are actually compared to Beckham. It's just that your commentators are stereotyping simpletons.

they said before Ki was compared to David Beckham in South Korea.  How many "Beckham's" do they have over there?!  'Cos I thought Park was, then Ji was supposed to be...?

None of these people are actually compared to Beckham. It's just that your commentators are stereotyping simpletons.

exactly what I thought.  Dunno why they keep peddling such crap.

Laudrup has the swans too well drilled

According to interviews he's the most relaxed manager most players have had. Rodgers used to fine players for all sorts of things, late for team dinner, late for training, not wearing team clothes etc. Laudrup doesn't have a fine system full stop.

After Liverpool last week, apparently it was the first time any of the players heard him raise his voice.

Laudrup has the swans too well drilled

According to interviews he's the most relaxed manager most players have had. Rodgers used to fine players for all sorts of things, late for team dinner, late for training, not wearing team clothes etc. Laudrup doesn't have a fine system full stop.

After Liverpool last week, apparently it was the first time any of the players heard him raise his voice.

Who he is, IMO, has a lot to do with it. Not only is he one of the very best players of the past 20-30 years (for me, anyway), he also comes across as a likeable, down-to-earth person. That combination surely gets the respect of the players and thus his instructions are well received.

Compare that to Rodgers who is proving himself to be more and more deluded in his own thinking as each week and month goes by and you can see the difference. Oh, and he certainly ain't Michael Laudrup.