The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I think Spurs are better than last season honestly.... they have improved defensively and most of their key players don't hide in big games anymore.

Last season Modric as talented as he is can often be found missing in big games while Dembele always raises his game against the big boys when Modric arguably did the opposite.

And of course Bale has stepped it up, but i think on the whole they have improved.

They lack a bit of creativity compared to last season but it doesn't seem to effect them at all most of the time.

Losing Modric and VDV is massive, regardless of who you bring in to try to replace them. There were times last season when we were called a one-man team, only that one man was Van der Vaart. We're definitely not as fluid, but I think our first XI (with everyone fit) is really, really good. Lloris alone makes a huge difference.

Meh, you never know, we have a run of four incredibly tough games coming up after which we could quite easily be out of Europe, and fifth. And we might have even more injuries. Win the next four games and I'd say, unequivocally, that we've improved :lol:.

Can't believe I'm going to be watching this over El Clasico. :lol:

Many of us will do the same on Saturday  :lol:

The weekend Clásico is meaningless though, this one isn't.

It's still El Clásico. Guess most of us would watch it if it had started two hours later.

Can't believe I'm going to be watching this over El Clasico. :lol:

Many of us will do the same on Saturday  :lol:

The weekend Clásico is meaningless though, this one isn't.

It's still El Clásico. Guess most of us would watch it if it had started two hours later.

Madrid asked for an early kick off to get more rest before the ManU game midweek. It's going to feel weird, but the game doesn't really have much importance given the league table.