The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

The problem with Podolski-Giroud-Walcott isn't quality.... its balance.

All 3 like to crash the box, there is no variety there and no creativity despite being very different they all very much the same.

Also Giroud would start for Spurs btw, he's much better than Defoe or Adebayor i also prefer Monreal and Gibbs to any LB Spurs has.

Podolski - Giroud - Walcott are good players. None are top quality. When was the last time Arsenal played Spurs and Spurs had the best player? Had the better goalie? The better individual defender? etc.

Honestly, only Cazorla and Wilshere would definitely get into the Spurs side. Maybe Walcott. Wild times.

Sagna would get in the spurs side.

No way.

Over Kyle Walker?! I know who I'd rather have as right back

Aye Debuchy

And with 14 goals and 10 assists this year, he's still done very well. But he's just not that guy to really strike much fear into opposing defenses.

With those stats it wouldn't matter if opposing defences all found him hilarious.

Still a far cry from the 37 they had from RVP last season. They've done well to spread-out the goal-scoring this year, with Giroud, Podolski, Walcott and Cazorla all hitting double-digits. But while ManU has RVP, Rooney, Hernandez and City has Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko in addition to their attacking midfielders and wingers, Arsenal has Giroud up top and that's about it.

Nobody said he was RVP. But the adoration certain players at this club without ever getting near to such impressive stats should remind folk to think twice.

Such as...? Legitimate question. I don't think there are many here who wouldn't take Giroud in this side.

The problem with Podolski-Giroud-Walcott isn't quality.... its balance.

All 3 like to crash the box, there is no variety there and no creativity despite being very different they all very much the same.

Also Giroud would start for Spurs btw, he's much better than Defoe or Adebayor i also prefer Monreal and Gibbs to any LB Spurs has.

:thup: Well put. Adebayor's been rather garbage this season and Giroud is a more complete player than Defoe.

I am sick to death of Tottenham f***ing Hotspur

Wouldn't mind being in their position, thats for sure.

For all the sneering against Bale, he's doing it week in week out.

Just wonder if Spuds would collapse if Bale was sold, though

You don't have to automatically hate them now Redknapp's gone! A lot of begrudging will do instead.

Anyway, Spurs would have qualified for the CL last year had Danny Simpson been capable of a simple throw in in the last minute of our game at Arsenal.  It cost them far more than it cost us, and papered over what were gaping cracks at Arsenal even when RVP and Song were still there. They've been on the decline for years.

Certainly clubs I dislike more than Spurs. I honestly think they're a couple of quality players away from a title challenge, and that's no bad thing really. Whether they'll have the funds to do so, and/or the general ability to attract the required level of player is a different matter, but I really don't think they're a million miles away.

Guest neesy111

Certainly clubs I dislike more than Spurs. I honestly think they're a couple of quality players away from a title challenge, and that's no bad thing really. Whether they'll have the funds to do so, and/or the general ability to attract the required level of player is a different matter, but I really don't think they're a million miles away.

Same.  They have a core of a very good team.

Guest neesy111

For me they're one or two players away from being a lot worse. If that makes any sense. They should be as vulnerable to regression as they are ripe for improvement.

Could say that about quite a few teams in the division tbh.