The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

High paced 'English' football at it's best (like this) at home can so much blow teams away, infuriates me England never play like this. It's the PL's one major strength over all leagues.

England are shit though, most of the players that contribute to making this style of play aren't English.

High paced 'English' football at it's best (like this) at home can so much blow teams away, infuriates me England never play like this. It's the PL's one major strength over all leagues.

That's it really. Most of the players, and more importantly, all the managers that implement this style of play well aren't actually English.

Still an English core though, as there always has been to a Chelsea/Man U team that has blitzed teams at home before. What you're saying is a fair point though.

Yeah Barca not what they used to be but not in a knockout round either.

I think Italian sides (inter excluded, they seem in a downward spiral) are all on the up. Their rather big droop in quality and pulling power has seen them turn to youth rather than stars and this will benefit them. I think over the next few years Italian teams will do better in the CL and english ones (whose pulling power is beginning to reduce and haven't got the youth setups) will drop down more.

Agree England need to play a more high intensity physical direct game, but mixed with the technical play Spurs play too. We seem to get directness, and just clogging it forward, confused way too often, and doesn't help so many English players have danny simpsonitis especially in England shirts, just terrified of the ball.

Much as Wilshere can be overrated, he does have that combination of technical ability and bustle England need. 

Benfica best forrens left in it. In terms of being good and being an actual genuine big club too.

I'd include Lazio in that, two teams if we can get through i'd like to avoid if possible.

Lazio were horrendously negative against us at WHL, but then we were horrendously negative in Rome. They were decent, but really not as good as I expected. Don't they have to play behind closed doors at home? That might be useful.

Benfica best forrens left in it. In terms of being good and being an actual genuine big club too.

I'd include Lazio in that, two teams if we can get through i'd like to avoid if possible.

Lazio were horrendously negative against us at WHL, but then we were horrendously negative in Rome. They were decent, but really not as good as I expected. Don't they have to play behind closed doors at home? That might be useful.

Just the second leg and next round.

Whenever an English club beats a side, it's so typical of the fans of other English clubs to just lay into the poor quality of the opposition rather than give the winning English club credit. :lol:

Credit to Spurs, in addition to having a more-than-decent first team, they have a very good manager. Hope they go out.  :thefinger:

As for Inter, no, they're not the force they were and they've probably half a team of injuries out (especially defensive options), but Spurs deserve credit for blowing them away and capitalising.

It was pathetic after the match last night hearing the pundits come up with any excuse possible to defend Bale's diving.

He is such a cretin. Between his cheating, that fucking celebration and his face he has gone to the top of my list.