The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Arsenal and their quasi-comebacks. This reminded me a lot of their one against Milan, who themselves especialize in second leg collapses.

Well chuffed for Málaga, will be historic for them and La Liga needed another tem that isn't Barça/Real to get past the last 16. It had been a while.

Pellegrini is a brilliant coach, isn't he. The Malaga team despite the (brief) Qatari investment isn't much cop outside of Isco imo. Most of the players in the team are in the twilight of their careers or are fairly non-descript journeymen. He has them playing some great stuff though, the rejuvination of Joaquin in particular is great to see.

I still have this sad hope that Inter can turn the tie around as Spurs have no Bale, Lennon or Adebayor today.

Really just don't want to be drawn against Spurs if we get through.

According to sky Adebayor is fully fit, and Lennon is having a late test.  Both have travelled to Italy.

Can't see Inter doing enough to get past them tonight, would love to be wrong!

Arsenal and their quasi-comebacks. This reminded me a lot of their one against Milan, who themselves especialize in second leg collapses.

Well chuffed for Málaga, will be historic for them and La Liga needed another tem that isn't Barça/Real to get past the last 16. It had been a while.

Pellegrini is a brilliant coach, isn't he. The Malaga team despite the (brief) Qatari investment isn't much cop outside of Isco imo. Most of the players in the team are in the twilight of their careers or are fairly non-descript journeymen. He has them playing some great stuff though, the rejuvination of Joaquin in particular is great to see.

Aye he's done brilliantly with them this season. They sold all their true big-ticket players this season (Cazorla, Rondón, etc...) and what they have now is mostly people they got on frees like Baptista, Demichelis, Saviola, Santa Cruz... that like you point out are enjoying a great spell of their careers after being on decline.

Still going to suck if their European ban gets upheld, since it may likely be the end for them as an ambitious club. But at least the fans are getting a great ride in the CL.

I still have this sad hope that Inter can turn the tie around as Spurs have no Bale, Lennon or Adebayor today.

Really just don't want to be drawn against Spurs if we get through.

According to sky Adebayor is fully fit, and Lennon is having a late test.  Both have travelled to Italy.

Can't see Inter doing enough to get past them tonight, would love to be wrong!

AVB says they're both going, but neither will start. I only expect to see them if we're struggling.

Arteta's never Arsenal quality.

Actually, he's been one of their most consistently solid performers. Very good player, off day.

This Arsenal side of the last 16 months isn't good enough nor Arsenal quality. Give me Flamini (at the time), Silva, Petit etc. over Arteta. He's not in THAT bracket.

Arteta's never Arsenal quality.

Actually, he's been one of their most consistently solid performers. Very good player, off day.

This Arsenal side of the last 16 months isn't good enough nor Arsenal quality. Give me Flamini (at the time), Silva, Petit etc. over Arteta. He's not in THAT bracket.

Thing is Arsenal's level right now isn't the same as then so its pointless saying he isn't Arsenal quality when Arsenal are not that good any more.

Its like saying Cisse isn't Newcastle level because he's not as good as Shearer its really irrelevant.

Although i do fall somewhere between you and Deuce.... i agree that Arteta is one of their best players and definitely most consistent but i also think he isn't CL KO rounds level.

Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Naughton, Dembele, Parker, Livermore, Sigurdsson, Defoe, Adebayor.

No width.

433 like the Liverpool match, or 442 like at the beginning of the season? God knows. As long as we don't get a silly red card.

Not too bad, Spurs hardly need to really bother trying to score, might as well clog up the areas of the pitch they want to use.

As long as we don't let in an early goal, too. I remember the last time we played Inter at the San Siro.

I still fancy us to score one goal - maybe from a corner - which would surely be enough.

Not too bad, Spurs hardly need to really bother trying to score, might as well clog up the areas of the pitch they want to use.

As long as we don't let in an early goal, too. I remember the last time we played Inter at the San Siro.

I still fancy us to score one goal - maybe from a corner - which would surely be enough.

What's that?