Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colo played some decent long passes today I thought. Dummett just smashed it forwards aimlessly and most of the time out of play.

Colo played some nice passes on the floor into Cisse and Sissoko's feet. Dummet is terrible on the ball. Whereas a decent player passes the ball to another player, Dummett always passes the ball to an "area." He's the typical no talent kid stuck at fullback at school: you tell good players to try and pick out so-an-so up top, you tell a Dummett to "hit it up the channel." At least he looks like he thinks that when he gets the ball

One thing I have to give credit to McClaren for is his willingness to put Thauvin on at the end of games, regardless of whether we are chasing a game or defending a lead. Pardew/Carver would have just thrown Gouffran on. One of the few indications that McClaren is a little more adventurous. We have all been saying for years that the worst thing to do when we are leading is to just chuck on players who the manager thinks can 'track back' and doesn't offer too much 'fret'

One thing I have to give credit to McClaren for is his willingness to put Thauvin on at the end of games, regardless of whether we are chasing a game or defending a lead. Pardew/Carver would have just thrown Gouffran on. One of the few indications that McClaren is a little more adventurous. We have all been saying for years that the worst thing to do when we are leading is to just chuck on players who the manager thinks can 'track back' and doesn't offer too much 'fret'

true. its...."brave" and i like it!

Thauvin was class yesterday, his first touches his pace on the ball in those conditions and he got every cross in the right area. Was very impressed, there is a player in there for us!

As per the points above, I would also rather we dropped one of Anita/Colback and bring Wijnadlum into the middle. Actually, i think if we were to do that we need to bring Tiote back into the middle and drop both anita and colback and go something like this:

------------------------------------fats--------------------------------------

Janmmaaaat------Mbemba--------------Colo-----------Mbabu (dummet just gets worse)

-------------------------------Tiote-----------------------------------

Perez------------Wiji---------------DeJong-----------Sissoko

---------------------------Nitro------------------------------------

Anita

Sissoko            Wijnaldum

Perez                                        Thauvin

Mitro

That'd be decent imo.  The four ahead of Anita can switch up to a certain extent with overlaps and Perez / Thauvin coming inside.  Mitro the focal point.

Guest neesy111

Starting Thauvin means dropping someone (Anita) and putting players in positions they apparently can't play in (Wijnaldum).

Drop Colback and play De Jong in midfield.

I think most would do that, but our manager seems to rate Colback.

Starting Thauvin means dropping someone (Anita) and putting players in positions they apparently can't play in (Wijnaldum).

Play De Jong who's probably the slowest player in the squad in midfield? No thanks.

Anita

Mitro

That'd be decent imo.  The four ahead of Anita can switch up to a certain extent with overlaps and Perez / Thauvin coming inside.  Mitro the focal point.

This is the way we should line up.

Play De Jong who's probably the slowest player in the squad in midfield? No thanks.

Anita

Mitro

Is he really slower than Colback?

I think he's quicker than people give him credit for and also doesn't get knocked over as easily.

Anita

Mitro

Is he really slower than Colback?

I think he's quicker than people give him credit for and also doesn't get knocked over as easily.

For me he's slower than Colback and he will always be scared of being injured again and will most of the times pull out of important challenges in midfield imo.