Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He always looked very good when he played at an uptempo pace and just ran at his man and attacked the box and delivered a cross/pass or shot. Under old Stevie he looked scared out of his mind and played supremely timid which made him look useless.

The FB's of Watord (H) & Wham (A) had him on lock down. It was embarrassing.

George Michael is a notorious dirty cunt though. Especially when paired with Dicks.

He always looked very good when he played at an uptempo pace and just ran at his man and attacked the box and delivered a cross/pass or shot. Under old Stevie he looked scared out of his mind and played supremely timid which made him look useless.

The FB's of Watord (H) & Wham (A) had him on lock down. It was embarrassing.

There's no doubt about it, he looked lost in his few outings in the premier, but that could just be culture shock at the pace of the game here. There still might be a player in there who might look better after half a season under his belt.

I don't think he did much in the game like but he never stopped running and looked pretty strong, it's why I think he'll be fine in the Premiership if he ever gets a chance and shows some end product.

I was just massively surprised with how slow he was.

I think he was heavily scapegoated for the West Ham (a) shambles. Before that he looked good against Northampton  (lol), Man U as a sub and played an odd false 9 role when Mitrovic got sent off vs Arsenal early doors.

Admittedly he was so, SO poor in the Sheffield Wed defeat that he deserved dropping for a bit. But he simply never got another chance despite our permanently shit form.

I think you misunderstand me. The result and team performance was a shambles, but because he didn't get many touches and was 'hauled off' early (copyright RTG 2011), he took a lot of the blame for the team and the general poorness of display.

I remember that game well and we were set up horribly. Cisse was more isolated than the front bit of Steve's barnet and our most attacking player was Janmaat.

He got caught dawdling on the ball a lot, and I can remember it was driving McClaren nuts on the bench. But I think you can give a player new to English football some benefit of the doubt, it's happened with other foreign players who have adapted well after a shaky start.

He's got quality, but if he has the mentality/willingness to succed here (or elsewhere) and fulfill his potential is a different thing.

I'm prepared to give him time and hopefully he'll adapt and come good :thup:

He's got quality, but if he has the mentality/willingness to succed here (or elsewhere) and fulfill his potential is a different thing.

That was the doubt for me, whether he really wanted to be here, but apparently the coaching staff seem pleased enough with his application and he's being given a chance to stake his claim this season. I hope that's true.

I think he was heavily scapegoated for the West Ham (a) shambles. Before that he looked good against Northampton  (lol), Man U as a sub and played an odd false 9 role when Mitrovic got sent off vs Arsenal early doors.

Admittedly he was so, SO poor in the Sheffield Wed defeat that he deserved dropping for a bit. But he simply never got another chance despite our permanently s*** form.

Completely agree with this. And when he was thrown up front when we were down to 10 in the Arsenal (H) game he ran his bollocks off.

Lack of confidence makes you worse in pretty much every aspect of your game no matter how good/bad you are. Same goes when it comes to playing under pressure if you're not good at handling it

I think he got thrown in too early, and in a shamble of a team as well.

Lack of confidence makes you worse in pretty much every aspect of your game no matter how good/bad you are. Same goes when it comes to playing under pressure if you're not good at handling it

I think he got thrown in too early, and in a shamble of a team as well.

I would imagine his role would be a lot clearer in a Rafa team as well. Rafa knows how to use space and Thauvin would probably get to operate in areas where he would be a lot more effective under him than under McClaren.

"Lazio have reached an agreement with Newcastle United for the signature of French winger Florian Thauvin, according to Italian daily Corriere dello Sport. It has been claimed that the Serie A giants have agreed to pay a loan fee of €2m for Thauvin, and are obligated to make the move permanent at a later date for €11m."

I know they are far from reliable but i thought i'd post it anyway. Probably BS.