Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's not really being made a scapegoat though is he. The fans are completely p*ssed off and he's bore the brunt of their frustration by acting like a complete tart.

It's not his fault our stupid policy brought him to the club, and he's not to blame for everything thats gone on here, but the away support yesterday decided he isn't fit for purpose, and if we're being honest he probably isn't.

Out of interest, who is?

He's not really being made a scapegoat though is he. The fans are completely p*ssed off and he's bore the brunt of their frustration by acting like a complete tart.

It's not his fault our stupid policy brought him to the club, and he's not to blame for everything thats gone on here, but the away support yesterday decided he isn't fit for purpose, and if we're being honest he probably isn't.

He probably isn't but I wouldn't write someone off after barely seeing five minutes of him. How many foreign players of his type have looked hopeless in their first season in England only to become stars later on?  It's just plain ignorant.

Difference is of course that most others clubs are in a position where a little patience can be afforded.

This club is fresh out of that. Honestly, if he's completely useless and rolls around in front of the supporters, it's not a surprise he gets some stick.

Like I said before, it isn't singling him out for the teams problems, it's an exponential frustration among supporters that he extracted out with stupid antics, at a time when we need the polar opposite of what he currently provides.

Out of interest, who is?

None of them, and I wudnt have been arsed if these chants had gone to any of our players

Out of interest, who is?

None of them, and I wudnt have been arsed if these chants had gone to any of our players

Fair play, cant say i disagree with you but I do feel its extremely harsh to pick the lad who's been here the least amount of time and has barely had a chance, to be the one we vent our anger at.

Thauvin is not the problem it's what he represents the failed transfer policy, Carr's disastrous scouting & insistence on buying him, the fact we have seen Cabella come & go. Plus that one of the most naturally talented players we ever saw Hatem Ben Arfa was forced out.

Thauvin is not the problem it's what he represents the failed transfer policy, Carr's disastrous scouting & insistence on buying him, the fact we have seen Cabella come & go. Plus that one of the most naturally talented players we ever saw Hatem Ben Arfa was forced out.

Yep and throw in stupid managerial appointments. It's baffling why we don't just appoint a French/foreign manager to actually go with the system in place.

Having Pardew as manager was idiotic in the extreme, especially with his treatment of HBA, MYM and Abeid. Cabaye was a Pardew type, hard work and suited to English football with a bit of extra quality. JFK couldn't have fucked him up to be honest.

Then to appoint farmer face, ok he's worked abroad but ffs his record tells you he's not good enough. We're a joke of our own making despite ample chances to change direction.

You can't spend what we did on this guy and have him welded to the bench through the first half of the season. Yeah, people are going to assume he's garbage and be pretty pissed off about it. When you then take into account how drawn out the signing off him was, over numerous Windows it's even more irritating.

One thing I've noticed is that he's got a really flawed technique when striking the ball.  He falls over through the strike and has a tendency to pull it and lose loft. 

Otherwise I've been impressed.  Looks strong, quick and seemingly able to contribute in defence.

A few pages ago people were asking him to start the next game. Has looked like offering something completely different when he has played and played well, yet some traveling mongs have now changed the narrative from someone who has been criminally unused in a team crying out for width to "not fit to wear the shirt."

I for one need to see him given an extended run on the wing in our side before I can write him off like many have chosen to do.

A few pages ago people were asking him to start the next game. Has looked like offering something completely different when he has played and played well, yet some traveling mongs have now changed the narrative from someone who has been criminally unused in a team crying out for width to "not fit to wear the shirt."

:thup:

Like I say, he picked the wrong game to flounce around in then pretending to be hurt, and certainly the wrong area of the pitch. It's not like the team came over at the end and clapped yet he was the only one who got booed.

It is harsh, and you don't want to see players and fans in spats, but this is now the situation we are in. If Thauvin is upset, he could maybe read a bit about whats gone on at this club the last few years. None of it to do with him, but absolutely the reason supporters are utterly fed up with everything regarding this football club... reactions like this will happen. If the season continues like this it won't only be Thauvin subjected to it either.

Never understood booing your own players unless they're really taking the piss like some have. I really don't see how it's going to help the lad improve. It's especially harsh since he's lived off a few 5-10 minute cameos when we're already behind in the past few months.

McLaren hardly helps his cause with the line "he's got a little knock so he's out" surely only going to fuel the 'Soft Frog' brigade.

:lol:

Why isn't that helping like? He might have a little knock. The type that could turn into a longer term problem if he's involved tonight.

Perhaps he should have said "Thauvin's had a massive knock, he'll be lucky to walk again" and then when he's back next week the 'Soft Frog' brigade will instantly fall in love with him.