Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ludicrous if we send him out, there's no way he's as s*** as some people are making out and given we've now finally signed two players that *should* enable us to field a functioning team it's exactly the right time to be integrating him :lol:

he's already gone isn't he?

for a guy who looked low on confidence, the 'youre not fit to wear the shirt' brigade will have him desperate to leave, cant blame him!

if it's true then we're getting townsend, no doubt in my mind about it, and it's a s**** f***ing deal all round 'cause townsend is woeful :lol:

he's got pace, which is a start.

but he feels very 'obertany' doesnt he?

if it's true then we're getting townsend, no doubt in my mind about it, and it's a s**** f***ing deal all round 'cause townsend is woeful :lol:

he's got pace, which is a start.

but he feels very 'obertany' doesnt he?

yes, he's fast with no idea how to use his pace to good effect on a football pitch except for the few times he does it instinctively

said for ages, since he broke more or less, that he's fucking toilet and i'll be very disappointed if he signs at the expense of a player like thauvin who could make it given the chance

Why the f*** did they sign this guy then never play him?  Seems fishy as f*** to me.

shows the 'model' up again i guess.

players bought who the 'head coach' doesnt want.

fucking barmy.

I don't understand why managers are so set on not using people though. It's not like Thauvin is Alan Smith or something, he's got experience and talent and he's never been given even half a run.

What a joke.  Been some amazing work done there in getting rid of Ben Arfa for nothing, pay a huge fee for Cabella, getting rid of Cabella at a huge loss (at a time when he was beginning to show a bit of promise), buying Thauvin for a huge amount and then looking to get rid of him after half a season.  Genius.

Why the f*** did they sign this guy then never play him?  Seems fishy as f*** to me.

shows the 'model' up again i guess.

players bought who the 'head coach' doesnt want.

fucking barmy.

I don't understand why managers are so set on not using people though. It's not like Thauvin is Alan Smith or something, he's got experience and talent and he's never been given even half a run.

results at the end of the day, thauvin hasn't scored or created a goal in the league as far as i know so he's not contributing

but hang on he's hardly played because the manager won't play him

i'm confused now

It really does. 8 years ago we were signing players as favours to agents. I doubt that type of thing has stopped.

That's exactly what I was getting at, aye.

Player gets a nice holiday, him and his agent and the selling club getting paid a ton.  Might get a few favours later on.

He looks slow for a winger.  He's not fast at all.  Nowhere near as fast as Obertan, but not as bad, either.  He just seems unsuited and he hasn't had much of a chance for whatever reason. 

When we signed him, there were constant reports about him turning us down a few times previously.  I'm sure there were a few articles saying the owner decided the offer was too good to turn down and was basically told he was leaving.  I may be wrong, mind.  French fans laughed at us and said he was crap.  A lot of their reporters said he had been poor and would be ill suited to the league.

Seems as if a lot of what was said, was actually true. 

you can get away with not being fast as a winger if you've the quality on the ball and can pick out a quality pass/cross with regularity

i've thought since i first saw him that once he settled he'd fall into that category with the proviso that the team as a whole would need to be functioning so he wasn't expected to beat 3 players every time like cabella was

as it turns out the only chances he's really had have been when the team was turboshit