Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting that after the West Ham game where he played on the left and played poorly a lot of people were saying he can only play on the right. If that is the case he was never going to be able to show his best here given Sissoko wasn't going to be moved

If it happens, a real fucking waste of money for sure - everyone who has mentioned we spent 25M to replace HBA is spot on; HELL we could have spent 25M on a winger the first time and brought the right guy in ffs.  If he indeed goes, we absolutely need to sign a couple of fucking wingers in this / next window with real pace and energy.

Been a disaster. Culminating in the Watford game, sad s***. End of the day we had an extremely good player who we binned off and they are now seeing that you can't buy that sort of talent easily.

Correct, 100%.

I'd honestly sign Redmond over Townsend man, ffs.

He was in the team of the season before he was in the "worst team". He's always been rated there.

Exactly, only reason for being in the worst team is because relative to his potential he did not perform well last season, but I can bet a lot on that he wasn't one of the worst players in Ligue 1 last season.

I think Thauvin should get good run of games on the left before he is judged. One off matches and 5 minutes here and there is never going to help him settle.

Andros Townsend to replace Thauvin then? :anguish:

English so must be better.

Knows the league etc

Fucking terrible, everything about it. I will say that we shouldn't discount the possibility the player is pushing to leave.

Pretty sure he wants to leave and how he's been managed won't have helped.

That being said it's another unsuitable signing Townsend will be if we get him

Andros Townsend to replace Thauvin then? :anguish:

English so must be better.

Knows the league etc

Fucking terrible, everything about it. I will say that we shouldn't discount the possibility the player is pushing to leave.

Pretty sure he wants to leave and how he's been managed won't have helped.

That being said it's another unsuitable signing Townsend will be if we get him

Townsend man. Fuck me.

He was in the team of the season before he was in the "worst team". He's always been rated there.

Exactly, only reason for being in the worst team is because relative to his potential he did not perform well last season, but I can bet a lot on that he wasn't one of the worst players in Ligue 1 last season.

I think Thauvin should get good run of games on the left before he is judged. One off matches and 5 minutes here and there is never going to help him settle.

In theory that's a good idea but in our present state we don't really have the luxury of continuously playing a guy while he's playing poorly

What I don't get is they bang on about "attitude" when scouting players. Shelvey, Berahinio, and Townsend have all had fall outs this season. Just opportunism, trying to pick up bargains that are on the outs with their own clubs.

Of course we have however expanded our transfer model to include British players though so we should all be grateful.

I miss the model which used to just get the best players you fucking can.

In theory that's a good idea but in our present state we don't really have the luxury of continuously playing a guy while he's playing poorly

Really? :lol:

Yes. Not like we're getting bummed every week now. Most of our players have been performing decently for the last seven games or so bar a few obvious exceptions

Every French journalist going said this transfer was a disaster waiting to happen.

Something not right about the whole thing like. We paid more for him than West Ham did for Payet, from the same club? Nobody can do that with a straight face.

It is weird like. You would think Ashley would have sacked Carr by now for recommending two flop wingers that have cost a bomb. Someone along the chain must be siphoning off a wad of the agent fees.

Yes. Not like we're getting bummed every week now. Most of our players have been performing decently for the last seven games or so bar a few obvious exceptions

Depends on your definition of "decent" I suppose.  We're quite rightly second bottom because most of them have been rubbish for the vast majority of the season.

I'd be happy with selling him and getting Townsend in, providing Townsend is used as an impact player.

Thauvin isn't good enough. I don't care about giving him time, as harsh as it is we need players that can hit the ground running.

Depends on your definition of "decent" I suppose.  We're quite rightly second bottom because most of them have been rubbish for the vast majority of the season.

If we look at the players in the part of the field Thauvin would play in, Sissoko and Wijnaldum are in decent form and our two best players so they won't be dropped, Perez is in poor form but is probably our third best player usually so don't see where we're going to give him an extended run in the team

If we look at the players in the part of the field Thauvin would play in, Sissoko and Wijnaldum are in decent form and our two best players so they won't be dropped, Perez is in poor form but is probably our third best player usually so don't see where we're going to give him an extended run in the team

People don't want Wijnaldum on the left though, and have been calling for Thauvin to play there for months. Other than Nowrich he's been pretty bad out there.

It's not even like Thauvin has been getting 30-35 minutes in games either, it's 10 minutes at the end here and there and then abused to the point where he's faking an injury.

Guest firetotheworks

The worst transfer in living memory like. Spent over £25m trying to replace a player who is on another level altogether and the club chose to get rid of. Fucking dicks.