Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

price goes up after today  :)

First goal in how long?

13 games

No goals in 13 games, scores one, value goes up  :lol:

yeah but Man City are watching and agents is rubbing hands with glee !!!

If it comes down to transfer fee then yes we're screwed. If was a straight up choice between the two of us I actually think we've got a decent chance because of the French enclave and the top players who've already signed and the fact he knows he'll start rather than being a squad player.

Long shot this one though, not really expecting it to be honest.

No chance he'd choose us over City

Depends on his character and what they offer him.  Of course they'll likely offer him mental money and unless he's truley determined to play first team Football (or they really want him in the starting lineup) he'll go their in that case.

in the way we went back for debuchy and cisse i can see this coming off at some point.

i wonder if , after being linked with yanga-m'biwa and sissoko last summer, there had been any contact at that time and continuing till this window to persuade them to come here ?

in the way we went back for debuchy and cisse i can see this coming off at some point.

i wonder if , after being linked with yanga-m'biwa and sissoko last summer, there had been any contact at that time and continuing till this window to persuade them to come here ?

Sissoko said the last time he spoke to us was in October before the transfer bid.

Sissoko said the last time he spoke to us was in October before the transfer bid.

possible that a pre contract was almost agreed then ?

• 1 month later...

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/09/arsenal-scouts-run-rule-over-african-neymar-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-3534136/

Arsenal have joined the race for Saint Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after trusted scout Gilles Grimandi ran the rule over him on Friday night.

Aubameyang, who has been dubbed ‘the African Neymar’, is rated as a huge star in France and has backed that up with 16 goals this season – including one in front of Grimandi as Saint Etienne drew 2-2 with Rennes.

Arsene Wenger had his chief talent spotter in France watch Aubameyang specifically, while Chelsea, Newcastle and Tottenham were also in attendance to monitor the Gabon hitman.

It is thought Grimandi gave a glowing report on Aubameyang and his progress this term, and Wenger is now set to send chief scout Steve Rowley in the coming weeks to beef up their knowledge on the player.

Newcastle already know all about the 23-year-old having bid for him in January, only for Saint Etienne to reject the offer as they hope to hold out until the summer for a bigger fee.

The Ligue 1 side are believed to want up to £15million, but with Aubameyang pushing for a move to England and refusing to sign a new contract, the sale price could be closer to £10million.