Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

I don't think we ever made a bid, we asked to be "kept in the loop" but no bid was made.

This. The fact that he is going for a quite affordable fee suggests we were just hoping a bargain would emerge rather than actively trying to sign up a player we have wasted 18 months scouting and watching regularly.

Had on. What suggests that, exactly? The fact we didn't get involved when he was about to join a club that can offer Champions Legaue football? If they're getting him for 13m euro, that's not too far off the £10m we bid for him in January.

i think the fact we didn't make a bid suggests that we didn't make a bid tbh. We had time to make a bid before Dortmund emerged that was a fairly recent development, but we didn't.

but Mike Ashley appears keen to recruit within a budget again.

:lol: Now, now. You know that's not what I meant, nor was it what Roger said. Since Ashley got his fingers burned, we've operated on a budget, hence our miniscule nett spend on players. I see no reason why that was to change. Perhaps you know better?

The interest from Dortmund has been reported for a fair while now. I'd say we probably knew quite a bit more about it than is public, due to our ongoing dialogue with his club and the player's agent. I dare say that, had we made an decent bid (like in January), Dortmund may have been prompted into making a bid of their own. I appreciate that this is quite a leap, but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

So, what's the alternative? Don't try at all? You haven't got the first idea that BVB would have bid in January. The Lewandowski situation wasn't as clear then as it is now. Your just speculating too.

Guest neesy111

How are kicker.de for reliabilty anyway? Is there hope yet?!

There was no hope to start with.

Guest icemanblue

I don't think we ever made a bid, we asked to be "kept in the loop" but no bid was made.

This. The fact that he is going for a quite affordable fee suggests we were just hoping a bargain would emerge rather than actively trying to sign up a player we have wasted 18 months scouting and watching regularly.

Had on. What suggests that, exactly? The fact we didn't get involved when he was about to join a club that can offer Champions Legaue football? If they're getting him for 13m euro, that's not too far off the £10m we bid for him in January.

i think the fact we didn't make a bid suggests that we didn't make a bid tbh. We had time to make a bid before Dortmund emerged that was a fairly recent development, but we didn't.

:lol: Now, now. You know that's not what I meant, nor was it what Roger said. Since Ashley got his fingers burned, we've operated on a budget, hence our miniscule nett spend on players. I see no reason why that was to change. Perhaps you know better?

The interest from Dortmund has been reported for a fair while now. I'd say we probably knew quite a bit more about it than is public, due to our ongoing dialogue with his club and the player's agent. I dare say that, had we made an decent bid (like in January), Dortmund may have been prompted into making a bid of their own. I appreciate that this is quite a leap, but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

So, what's the alternative? Don't try at all? You haven't got the first idea that BVB would have bid in January. The Lewandowski situation wasn't as clear then as it is now. Your just speculating too.

Read it again.

Read it again.

'I dare say that, had we made an decent bid (like in January), Dortmund may have been prompted into making a bid of their own.'

Unless you mean something other than the words you've written, i got it the first time. Hence my post.

Even if we had bid slightly more Dortmund we would still had been disappointed. Lets be realistic and take off the black and white tinted glasses.  Does anyone think we could compete with champions league and dometic league runners up ?

Guest Roger Kint

So he's chosen Jurgen Klopp over Pardew/Kinnear, Bundesliga over Premier League and CL placings over 5th bottom....So not all footballers are thick f*ckers then.

We would have to actually bid for him to have that choice. Not that it would change the outcome if he had to make it like :lol:

Cracking move for him, if anyone will develop his game, it'll be Klopp. Perhaps suggests that Reus will be playing in the middle next year with Aubameyang on the left? I've not read up on the Lewandowski stuff recently but the latest word was Dortmund were making him run his contract down?

Cracking move for him, if anyone will develop his game, it'll be Klopp. Perhaps suggests that Reus will be playing in the middle next year with Aubameyang on the left? I've not read up on the Lewandowski stuff recently but the latest word was Dortmund were making him run his contract down?

Correct on Lewandowski and i think they will still be after a AM to replace Gotze.

Wouldn't surprise me if Reus and Aubameyang operate on the wings though.