Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

Dortmund are signing 18 year old striker Carlos Strandberg from Sweden, might help move PEA on? :coolsmiley:

Maybe - Tried and tested he aint though. Thought it was pretty much public knowledge Dortmund were looking to offload PEA if they got what they wanted.

Still no.1 choice for me out of who we have been linked with..

PEA > Remy > Lacazette

Guest neesy111

Dortmund will be looking to have a bigger squad this season with the big injury issues they had last season.

not going to happen, but he would be ideal as he can play both on top and RW.

If ben arfa is history i really think we could use more quality on the flanks.

Hopefully Yanga stays. Could live with our currents CBs and do business in january if needed. Prefer a good winger and a striker.

Dortmund are signing 18 year old striker Carlos Strandberg from Sweden, might help move PEA on? :coolsmiley:

We should just sign that Carl Handbag guy if he's better than PEA.  Low Swedish prices ----> Super Profits for Mike

So no PEA, Lacassette Tape, or Remy. Nicely done club.

While the club appear to be pretty shit at bidding for players, how is it the clubs fault the 3 targets don't want to come. I'm all for slagging off the hierarchy but that's nonsense

Guest ElCid

While the club appear to be pretty s*** at bidding for players, how is it the clubs fault the 3 targets don't want to come. I'm all for slagging off the hierarchy but that's nonsense

Becaue if any ambition had been shown in the last five years then they might well have wanted to come that's why.

While the club appear to be pretty s*** at bidding for players, how is it the clubs fault the 3 targets don't want to come. I'm all for slagging off the hierarchy but that's nonsense

General lack of ambition over the past few years. Insistence on backing pardew instead of appointing a capable manager and coaching staff, Selling best players etc...

That said I am busting your balls, with where we are right now there isn't much we can do to persuade people to join us if they don't want to. Addressing and tryin to correct the above would be a start of a long term plan to Change our fortunes and reputation.

Made me laugh :lol: which tbh is no mean feat with how this club makes me feel on a daily basis..

Imagine Rent, Lacazette in a front three... Sweet music that. :sweetjesus:

Ambition aside from club, manager, and recruitment policies - there are dozens of players capable of playing striker for us and be the lead man. So our recruitment team is responsible for finding these lesser known players and basically get them to want to join us and then we offer our shit bids.  Well, 3 players we've tracked for probably an eternity - 1 was never going to leave Dortmund, 1 was toying with us but really always said Champions League, and the other turned us down for more money - came back to us on loan, and still doesn't want to come back to us. So right then, where and who are our next targets? If we've pinned our hopes on 1 of these 3 players then that's stupid.  So yes, you can blame the club until we find a top striker to lead the line.

<mic drop>

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

They make it sound certain that there'll be a Dortmund overhaul and Klopp will leave - I'm not so sure. Certainly don't think we have a chance of getting Aubameyang.

They must have bunged the Northern Echo to print that. Nee chance.