Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

We should have a look at Ince imo. Would be around the same outlay I imagine

Same outlay? I'd be fuming if we spent that on Ince. Thankfully we wouldn't anyway.

Why? You'd be fuming if we spent it on Ince but not on PEA? I wouldn't be bothered at all. Ince is clearly miles better than his division suggests. Sometimes you have to pay going rate

Well for a start, Ince can't play up front which is what we need so somebody else would need to follow him in. He's a good player but I wouldn't want to be paying much more than £4m for him though.

As for the going rate, it's fine paying it when it's justified. Not many people would bat an eyelid if we spent ~£10m on a versatile front man like PEA or an established striker like van Wolfswinkel. If we spent that money on Ince there would be a lot of queries surrounding the fee, just as has happened with the Zaha transfer.

4m? You'd be lucky to get a player that good for that price. Why is it okay with Van Wolfswinkle, he's not established?  He could come here and be absolutely awful? I think if we could get ince for 7/8m it would be a great piece of business. I guarantee he will be worth a lot more in the future

How can you say Van Wolfswinkel is not established, especially in a comparison to Ince.  He has several seasons of top flight football behind him with a 1 in 2 ratio.  He's clearly established.

Same outlay? I'd be fuming if we spent that on Ince. Thankfully we wouldn't anyway.

Why? You'd be fuming if we spent it on Ince but not on PEA? I wouldn't be bothered at all. Ince is clearly miles better than his division suggests. Sometimes you have to pay going rate

Well for a start, Ince can't play up front which is what we need so somebody else would need to follow him in. He's a good player but I wouldn't want to be paying much more than £4m for him though.

As for the going rate, it's fine paying it when it's justified. Not many people would bat an eyelid if we spent ~£10m on a versatile front man like PEA or an established striker like van Wolfswinkel. If we spent that money on Ince there would be a lot of queries surrounding the fee, just as has happened with the Zaha transfer.

4m? You'd be lucky to get a player that good for that price. Why is it okay with Van Wolfswinkle, he's not established?  He could come here and be absolutely awful? I think if we could get ince for 7/8m it would be a great piece of business. I guarantee he will be worth a lot more in the future

Have you not seen our squad? The vast majority were bought for between £4m to £6m. Anyone could sign and be awful, daft argument. To say van Wolfswinkel isn't established is mental too. :lol:

As has been pointed out, he's OOC at the end of the season so shelling out a good chunk of cash doesn't represent any form of value. He's a player I'd like us to sign but if we were to get quoted a daft amount I'd happily see it spent elsewhere.

Cant players in the Prem be signed via pre-contract from about may onwards? last month of their contract only iirc.

Teams from abroad can sign them in the last 6 months I think.

6 months for teams abroad, 3 months for home nations

Cant players in the Prem be signed via pre-contract from about may onwards? last month of their contract only iirc.

Teams from abroad can sign them in the last 6 months I think.

6 months for teams abroad, 3 months for home nations

Last 30 days for home nations.

God I hope we pursue this. Think he is one of the most exciting players around at the moment. Much preferred him to Remy when that was all going on. Shame he seems so keen to stay as I think he would be perfect for us.

I saw Ince's two goals in the SSN today and expected more tbh. Neither really showed any real special quality, and he looks lightweight.

:lol:

Saw van Persie score a tap in recently. Wouldn't touch him.

I saw Ince's two goals in the SSN today and expected more tbh. Neither really showed any real special quality, and he looks lightweight.

:lol: :lol: Bloody hell!

How people like Neesy get relentless jip on here and posters like this get away with it is beyond me. It's a constant stream of stupid.

Anyway, this lad would seem a more logical signing than Bony to be quite frank.

Seems like he could play out wide as part of a front three while at the same time being able to play centrally should Cisse get injured.

Two birds with one stone this, gives us a quality player to complete our front three while also hopefully pushing Shola down the pecking order in terms of starting games.

Ben Arfa                              Aubameyang

Cisse

:megusta:

Have you not seen our squad? The vast majority were bought for between £4m to £6m. Anyone could sign and be awful, daft argument. To say van Wolfswinkel isn't established is mental too. :lol:

As has been pointed out, he's OOC at the end of the season so shelling out a good chunk of cash doesn't represent any form of value. He's a player I'd like us to sign but if we were to get quoted a daft amount I'd happily see it spent elsewhere.

Established in a completely different football environment. I'm not saying he's not an established player. Obvs anyone can sign and be awful. So whats the difference? we could sign PEA for 10m or ince for 7/8m? PEA has never played here could fail, Ince has played in Eng, could fail. If you think we can continually pick up bargains at 4/5m then fair dues, but we wont forever.

Aye, but he's shown he can be successful at a high standard and has played numerous European games, I'd fancy van Wolfswinkel's chances to do well here. I'd also feel a lot more comfortable paying a big fee for him/PEA than paying it for Ince; you'd be taking a bigger risk with him. Not just that but as said earlier, we need somebody capable of playing up top which Ince cannot do which would mean he'd need to be followed by another player making it a big outlay. And again, we'd be idiotic paying so much for someone who'll be free in six months. We might not do it forever but have for the last two and a half years now so there's no reason why what we're doing cannot continue.

Anyway, this lad would seem a more logical signing than Bony to be quite frank.

Seems like he could play out wide as part of a front three while at the same time being able to play centrally should Cisse get injured.

Two birds with one stone this, gives us a quality player to complete our front three while also hopefully pushing Shola down the pecking order in terms of starting games.

Ben Arfa                              Aubameyang

Cisse

:megusta:

:thup:

How much better is Ince than that other Blackpool winger who was carrying a fair bit of hype - Matty Phillips I think?

From what I've seen a lot better. Phillips was pace/movement. Ince is that + ability on the ball.

Heard he's a bit lightweight and has no special quality though.