Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

Guest WashyGeordie

remember we had a few making debuts - big step up to go straight from ligue 1 to the premiership - think they got a shock second half

Seemed like Jonas had the biggest shock and he wasn't making his debut at all!

Debuchy needs to get his act together. It was a really stupid tackle and that could have lost us the game. He looked vulnerable throughout.

We still need some kind of counter-attacking threat when the opposition piles forward like that. All we did was hoof it away, and of course it comes straight back.

Krul saved our bacon really. Not for the first time.

I sort of agree with you about Debuchy, but it's a very hard instinct to fight (the need to close down). It just doesn't enter your head that the guy is going to flop to the ground, even though it probably should.

Debuchy was put under severe pressure by Gabby's pace though.

:lol: Can't believe that first half was today.

:lol: Feel the same.

Yep, unbelievable the change.

Just trying to remember the class goals, first half performance and the result.

The highlights will make it seem like we were good throughout.

The momentum was always going to change at some point, the extremely soft penalty gave them a boost as well.

That said, the way Pardew reacted to the change was hard to understand to say the least. Presumably Sissoko is fully match fit, much more capable of finishing a game than Jonas. And Shola didn't add anything, Anita should have come on at that point.

I agree.

Didn't get home and tune in until the start of the second half, bloody hell.

How good were we first half?

Pretty good but villa never really closed us down, second half they upped their tempo and worked much harder.

Worst 45 minutes of football we've played all season, and that takes some fucking beating.  How Pardew still has a job is beyond me, totally clueless.

Fuck you Villa you odious cunts, who is your next messiah?  David Cameron or Prince William?

Timothy Spall.

Extremely happy with the 3 points. Good work from the lads.

But Pardew is a neagtive cunt and can fuck right off!

Playing Jonas 90 min, or even 5 min man  :anguish:

Shola :anguish:

Cisse at the wing :anguish:

We beat Villa, but its not Pardews work.

I can simply not get my head around what the fuck he is thinking at times.

:lol: Can't believe that first half was today.

:lol: Feel the same.

Yep, unbelievable the change.

Just trying to remember the class goals, first half performance and the result.

The highlights will make it seem like we were good throughout.

Sweet, I'll watch those then.

Debuchy needs to get his act together. It was a really stupid tackle and that could have lost us the game. He looked vulnerable throughout.

We still need some kind of counter-attacking threat when the opposition piles forward like that. All we did was hoof it away, and of course it comes straight back.

Seems to be lacking a bit of fitness - quite laboured when running as the game went on.

Understandable given that he's still to fully adapt.

The momentum was always going to change at some point, the extremely soft penalty gave them a boost as well.

That said, the way Pardew reacted to the change was hard to understand to say the least. Presumably Sissoko is fully match fit, much more capable of finishing a game than Jonas. And Shola didn't add anything, Anita should have come on at that point.

I agree.

Seems to be lacking a bit of fitness - quite laboured when running as the game went on.

Yohan's second full game

sissoko was struggling for a while before he went off, just looked fucked, was stretching at one point. the change wasn't tactical.