Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

Really really worried about this squad. We are mentally extremely weak, we inevitably crumble at the first hint of trouble no matter how s*** is our opponent. Squad with no balls=relegation.

Pardew is an idiot, but these players have no bollocks.

f*** this s***, hating football again.

it happens with losing games, it loses confidence and that is huge in sport.

Obviously it wasn't a great managerial performance from Pardew but the second half was more nerves than anything else. Hopefully they will start to settle now.

How to build confidence:

1. Do everything within your means to decrease the amount of good football being played against a team with even lower confidence.

1. Do everything within your means to increase the likelihood of your opponent gaining confidence.

3 away points. Time to start clawing our way back up that table.

Seems to be fashionable to label Pardew a 'cunt' despite the win. The strange world of the internet forum. Cheer up lads, laters x

A Shola and a Pardew fan. What a combination. :yao: :memelol:

Not a Pardew fan, simply not a melodramatic little girl. The forum this season has turned into a struggle for which poster can produce the most impressive faux anger. It's a shame.

His performances this season deserve every stick that he gets.

To be honest some overreactions on here, not the performance of a mentally strong team but they were nervous, must win game, got to them. Pardew didn't help at all either of course and can't believe how much we gave the ball back to them rather than just hold onto it. Got some good points, can play chelsea with pressure off, not totally of course but the players should try and enjoy it, and i doubt they have that fight, Villa were pretty good out wide there at end.

Krul - 9 - difference between win and a loss today

Debuchy - 5 - attacking play in first half great, conceeded the penalty and invisible second

Taylor - 7 - in end kept everything out, but he's still not 100%

Colo - 7 - as above, wish hadn't been so nervy but was fine

Santon - 7 - thought made some great defensive runs, and attacks, was one or two where he could do better but Jonas is the fall guy for this

Cabaye - 6 - First half great, but went too invisible second half, just wasn't able to cope with the width of the players and he was supposed to be in a holding position, should have calmed us down and kept possession but didn't.

Perch - 5 - First half didn't stick to their guy in the hole enough, tackled well enough fair bit but didn't add too much

Jonas  - 3 - only 3 cos of the goal line clearance, otherwise pretty much sacrificed whichever half he was playing on

Gouffran - 6 - Exciting, good runs off the ball, but in the end didn't show enough to warrant higher score

Sissoko - 9 - Very very very assured Debut, lovely pass.

Cisse - 7 - Took his goal like the Cisse of last season, very calm, then worked his socks off rest of game, even if not that effectively, had one chance where he made a hash of a good opportunity to curl it in

subs -

Anita - 7 - of our second half brigade the only one seemingly trying to close down further up than our own goal line

Shola - 0 - sick of him

MYM - didn't see enough, confusing position

Three MASSIVE points not a good 2nd half but that was more dawn to Villa being like a fkn different team, credit to them for that but credit the lads for full heart and taking the kicking.

Have to thank Marley for his participation in our win

:D

Krul 8

Debuchy 5.5

Taylor 5

Coloccini 7

Santon 7

Perch 7

Cabaye 7.5

Gutierrez 3

Sissoko 8

Gouffran 6.5

Cisse 7

Shola 5

Anita 6

Yanga-Mbwia 6

shola 0

never seen anything so useless. cant counter, cant be a targetman, can´t run = USELESS.

like playing with 10 men for 25 minutes.

great win

I said before the game,it was so tense, I felt like I was waiting to find out the results of a murder trial- Well- I feel like I was found not guilty but we are going to send you to jail anyway.

:troll:

Debuchy needs to get his act together. It was a really stupid tackle and that could have lost us the game. He looked vulnerable throughout.

We still need some kind of counter-attacking threat when the opposition piles forward like that. All we did was hoof it away, and of course it comes straight back.

Krul saved our bacon really. Not for the first time.

I sort of agree with you about Debuchy, but it's a very hard instinct to fight (the need to close down). It just doesn't enter your head that the guy is going to flop to the ground, even though it probably should.

Debuchy was put under severe pressure by Gabby's pace though.

Agbonlahor for Bent was the sub that changed the game. Their attack had a lot more pace and movement after that.

I thought the Debuchy tackle was rank amateurish. His opponent was running away from the area, there was no immediate danger and he only had a 50-50 chance of getting the ball. It was a ridiculous chance to take, like a park footballer with a rush of blood to the head.

Debuchy has looked vulnerable defensively ever since he came here. It's a different game and his positioning looks dodgy.

The game turned in their favour because of the pen etc, and you could argue we did well to battle for the result. We would all like to see us play fantastically well for the full 90, but it rarely works like that.

Subs were strange though, I don't really get the thinking.

I said before the game,it was so tense, I felt like I was waiting to find out the results of a murder trial- Well- I feel like I was found not guilty but we are going to send you to jail anyway.

:troll:

:lol: :lol:

Got me completely.