Fitness/Stamina etc

madras

We haven't came from behind since the days of Noah, we struggle to hold on to leads and rarely look the strongest team in the closing stages regardless of the result at the time, Could it be a fitness/Stamina issue more than tactical ?

Ben Arfa came back against Spurs after missing most of preseason because of injury, had his fitness and rehab taken care of in Paris iirc? Still looked twice as fit as any of our players in that game agains Spurs.

Ben Arfa came back against Spurs after missing most of preseason because of injury, had his fitness and rehab taken care of in Paris iirc? Still looked twice as fit as any of our players in that game agains Spurs.

Let's hope it's the same when he comes back this time.

Guest bimpy474

The manager is dragging the team down with his mindset as soon as the team comes under any pressure. Fitness and stamina are ok imo, it's us not controlling the ball that kills us, and that lies at Pardew door.

The manager is dragging the team down with his mindset as soon as the team comes under any pressure. Fitness and stamina are ok imo, it's us not controlling the ball that kills us, and that lies at Pardew door.

so you think he says, if we are defending a lead or chasing one, the best way to do it is lump it, even if you have other options ?

you see, for me, the lack of movemant later on in games could be due to the aforementioned lack of fitness/stamina.

Cabaye doesn't have the best engine and tends to tire after 70 minutes, hence rarely finishing games last season.

Jonas' legs have gone.

We normally bring on Shola and he can barely move.

Perchinho doesn't have the best engine either.

All you need is Shola up top and Jonas in midfield and we will look knackered.

on the break we had nobody y'day.

Guest bimpy474

so you think he says, if we are defending a lead or chasing one, the best way to do it is lump it, even if you have other options ?

you see, for me, the lack of movemant later on in games could be due to the aforementioned lack of fitness/stamina.

No i think it's his subs, which then limit us to just hoofing it. We have no pace, no out ball, Shola has no pace to chase it into the corners, can't hold it up either.

Pardew's subs make the team so defensive that it invites pressure, it's poor management. Its Sunday League 10 men behind the ball against the best team in the league when you nick a lead. Clueless management plain and simple, imo.

They must be running a marathon in the fifteen minutes at half time if it's a fitness issue because to me it's consistently obvious what the game plan is as soon as they come out the tunnel.

Talk of fitness problems is smoke and mirrors - how tiring is it to kick it 70 yards to Shola then stand still and wait for the opposition to have another go? We don't even attempt to counter attack.

Miss the days when we'd bring on Lua Lua from the bench and he'd run people ragged b/c he was tricky and quick.

robsons team with dyer, bellamy etc, i'd be happy to go into the last 20 a goal down and back us to win.

All the talk of fitness/stamina ( although i agree the players could be a lot fitter) would be rendered almost irrelevant if Pards wasn't such a defensive pussy and allowed teams to come on to us all the f*cking time.

Keep the ball and let the other team do the running and we won't tire so easily.

They must be running a marathon in the fifteen minutes at half time if it's a fitness issue because to me it's consistently obvious what the game plan is as soon as they come out the tunnel.

Talk of fitness problems is smoke and mirrors - how tiring is it to kick it 70 yards to Shola then stand still and wait for the opposition to have another go? We don't even attempt to counter attack.

:thup:

Neck ache I could possibly consider.

It's also shown when we have two games a week. We're on our arses in the second game. It's what annoys me most about Pardew's 'small squad European football' excuse. Arsenal for example have 6 players who have played more games than Santon and Cisse who have our most appearances. It's not as if other teams are changing their teams drastically between Europe and domestic.