Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Aye that decision really damaged our season. :lol:

Held Krul back a season. Harper was limited even then, no point in playing him at all.

If Hughton was still here and Harper didn't pick up that injury we'd still be talking about Krul's potential.

Oh ffs. I'm going to miss the first 15 mins now, got to pick up my youngest from a roller skating birthday party now.

Kids are so damn selfish.

Where is Mrs Bimpy? Tell her to do it!

Asleep, works nights at the weekend.

Can't see the problem? Newcastle are playing ffs! Man up!  :tiote:

:tongue3:

100th game for Krul today.

Really annoys me we didn't just go with him in the championship season. 3 appearances ffs.

Luckiest thing ever that Harper's shoulder went at the time it did. Krul would probably have remained on the bench and never had the opportunity to improve in the manner that he did thanks to consecutive starts. Probably thrown in here and there due to injuries, look fairly decent but too raw in areas to persist with, and then eventually discarded for not being good enough.

Shane Ferguson is in the same boat. Might develop into a good player if given a good number of starts, but we'll never find out unless there's a mass exodus or half the squad is injured for a lengthy period of time.

Guest firetotheworks

Part 4 in the girlfriend that knows nothing about football predicting the score. Today she has predicted 4-0 to Chelsea. So far this season she has 3/3.

:indi:

I'm so fucking excited for the match. Haven't had this since the Spurs match that kicked off this season.

Pardew's possible team selection is making me nervous.

Oh shit, I forgot about that.

Williamson, Ameobi and Simpson recalled...

Im excited about the line up but still meeh as it'll probably be the same. Surely Marv has to start?  Unbelievable if he doesn't Fuckin hell!

I really want to see Mbiwa and Anita as well :(

The impending Jonas news will kill the buzz no doubt.

I'm more bothered about the fact he'll probably start Taylor over Yanga-Mbiwa.

Although due to his cautious nature it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave Debuchy out and play Yanga-Mbiwa on the right.

Although due to his cautious nature it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave Debuchy out and play Yanga-Mbiwa on the right.

I'm more worried about his selection further up the pitch because of our mentality. We need players who are capable of penetrating given our defensive mind-set.

Agree with you on Yanga-Mbiwa as well, want him in today.

Steven Taylor will probably start due to the fact that he has played against Demba Ba numerous times in training. The NUFC staff will probably think that gives Taylor an insight as to what he's up against compared to Mbiwa going in cold against Ba. Having said that, if Ba used to boss Taylor every day in training I think we would start Mbiwa instead.

Trouble is that works both ways. Ba will also know Taylor's weaknesses and might well relish the chance to exploit them.