Premiership Managers for next season?

Dokko

Guest Haris Vuckic

Mental :lol:

His life post playing is like falling into a bucket of shit and pulling out a winning euromillions ticket.

Not sure why Hughes gets such a bad press to be honest.  He did a very good job at Wales, Blackburn and Fulham.  Did a pretty bad job at QPR (along with Redknapp and, to a lesser extent, Warnock) and Man City.  I don't quite know why that is enough to write him off as being awful. 

Please note he is not my dad.  Nor am I Mark Hughes.

There's a growing possibility that we will actually have the worst manager in the league next season.

I doubt Di Canio will get sacked just yet.

Got the better of Pardew once already :lol:

There's a growing possibility that we will actually have the worst manager in the league next season.

Worse than Bruce?

I honestly think he might be, yes. At worse I'd say a tie.

I think a lot of these other lesser managers would have done much better with the players Pardew had at his disposal, as for the most part they struggle to get enough decent players. They just buy some absolute crap.

This is something Pardew doesn't have to worry about, as he has a scout that identifies and helps him get in players that are really quite decent, and he hasn't got a clue what to do with them still.

Not sure why Hughes gets such a bad press to be honest.  He did a very good job at Wales, Blackburn and Fulham.  Did a pretty bad job at QPR (along with Redknapp and, to a lesser extent, Warnock) and Man City.  I don't quite know why that is enough to write him off as being awful. 

Agree with this really. He's neither great nor disastrous currently IMO.

Problem with Stoke is I can't see how they're going to progress, whoever they have in charge.

But we've beaten Chelsea, so Pardew is better than Rafa.

Guest reefatoon

But we've beaten Chelsea, so Pardew is better than Rafa.

Only counts on away wins

I think that's a good appointment for Stoke. People forget about his work at Blackburn and Fulham, and concentrate on Man shitty and QPR. But he did really well at the two clubs which are more similar to Stoke than his last two appointments.

Don't think they will get relegated under him, and that really should be enough for the Stoke fans, they also won't have to totally gut their squad which is what they would have had to do if they had go with a manager who preferred to play a more cultured style.

Worse than Bruce?

I honestly think he might be, yes. At worse I'd say a tie.

I think a lot of these other lesser managers would have done much better with the players Pardew had at his disposal, as for the most part they struggle to get enough decent players. They just buy some absolute crap.

This is something Pardew doesn't have to worry about, as he has a scout that identifies and helps him get in players that are really quite decent, and he hasn't got a clue what to do with them still.

How about last season? Would every other PL manager have got us to fifth and won manager of the year with that squad?

Guest icemanblue

Doesn't work like that, Unbelievable. I'm yet to establish exactly how it doesn't work, but I know it doesn't.

the job at QPR wasn't just bad it was beyond awful a series of absolutely terrible buys who are mostly past their best and on stupid money. How anyone walks straight back into a Premier League job after that is beyond me

the job at QPR wasn't just bad it was beyond awful a series of absolutely terrible buys who are mostly past their best and on stupid money. How anyone walks straight back into a Premier League job after that is beyond me

I think there was a lot going on at QPR, and players like Junior Hoilett and Bosingwa were not necessarily thought of at the time as bad signings. Hoilett especially I thought was a coup for them. But the problem was that they came for the money, clearly had no feeling for QPR just there for the payday. Not totally absolving him, because clear from his time at Man Shitty and QPR that he finds it difficult to motivate players on big wages, and isn't great at spending money. Stoke is probably a much better fit for him though.