Newcastle United vs Southampton - 24/02/13 @ 1.30 pm (Not on TV)

Nobody

If we're playing 4-2-3-1, then let us have disciplined DM's- i.e. no Tiote- and free up our attacking front four and let our full backs bomb forward and pen them back. Be positive, that's what its all about. Get the crowd on our side from the start and nail the fuckers; they're not that good at all. We're Newcastle United, man. We've got to be beating the likes of Southampton.

Howay!

back 5

anita  cabaye

sissoko

marveaux        gouff

cisse

no jonas pls, obviously works better if hba plays instead of marveaux

sissoko given the remit to drift right and overlap when we're attacking, and help out defending on the right when needed due to his work rate...

back 5

anita  cabaye

sissoko

marveaux        gouff

cisse

no jonas pls, obviously works better if hba plays instead of marveaux

sissoko given the remit to drift right and overlap when we're attacking, and help out defending on the right when needed due to his work rate...

Exactly what I would go for as well.

Guest lebowski

What is the latest on Cabaye. I didn't see him getting injured, how bad did it look. He seems to be such a critical player for us, his vision and intelligence seems to make the players around him look better.

Marveuax and Anita both had excellent games last night, as long as they are both fit I see no reason how pards could drop them. Who do you pick for the back four, honestly even simpson had a great game last night!!

I would go for a tight defensive back four, two in front of them and an all out attacking 3-1 up top:

--------------------KRUL--------------------

DEBUCH-----TAYLOR---COLO----HAIDARA

-------------CABAYE-----ANITA-----------

-----GOUFF------SISSOKO----MARVEAUX

----------------CISSE--------------

BENCH: ELLIOT, BEN-ARFA, TIOTE, MAPOU, SANTON, PERCH

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita Cabaye

Gutierrez        Sissoko          Gouffran

Cissé

Pretty sure Ben Arfa won't be involved. I'd play Anita over Tioté as I expect us to dominate possession. Santon is still a better attacking outlet than Haïdara, even though the latter certainly made a case for himself last night.

Afraid Shola might play.