Newcastle United vs Southampton - 24/02/13 @ 1.30 pm (Not on TV)

Nobody

Looking on a Saints forum. They seem utterly confident of getting a result. They see no reason they shouldn't come away with less than 3 points.

They're in good form and we've dropped loads of points at home this season, it's not exactly an outrageous position for them to be confident. I think we'll win a tight one.

I'm not confident, purely cos our record after Thursday night games is shit and also because a Sunday lunchtime kickoff means that the atmosphere will be crap. Someone else said it a page or two back but sadly I reckon this has got 1-2 written all over it, I fucking hope I'm completely and utterly wrong.

I'm pretty confident we'll win.

Looking on a Saints forum. They seem utterly confident of getting a result. They see no reason they shouldn't come away with less than 3 points.

They're in good form and we've dropped loads of points at home this season, it's not exactly an outrageous position for them to be confident. I think we'll win a tight one.

We're a very different team now. Literally.

They're on a good run at the moment and this is a tough old match. As said above though we're a very different team at the moment and have much more attacking power while we've started to firm things up at the back. I'm fully expecting Cabaye, Cisse, Sissoko, Gouffran to be the difference in this one and see us home.

A win here is massive because the table could look a lot healthier if we manage to get 3 points given the other fixtures for sides around us and in the bottom half in general. Could jump up a few places which would increase the confidence further.

Elliot

Debuchy  S. Taylor  Coloccini  Santon

Tiote  Cabaye

Gouffran        Sissoko      Gutierrez

Cisse

Be surprised if it's any different to this, barring the decision about the goalkeeper.

Tiote, Jonas, Santon, Debuchy, Saylor, Goufran will all come back in and even if the likes of Marv, Anita, MYM, Haidara and Simpson played well in Kharkiv they will be the ones rotated back out for the players who didn't play. 

I just find it strange that people on here who have complained about lack of options and small squad are now picking teams and playing players who played last night in place of fresher, rested ones. 

Guest ItalianMagpie

I'm not confident, purely cos our record after Thursday night games is s*** and also because a Sunday lunchtime kickoff means that the atmosphere will be crap. Someone else said it a page or two back but sadly I reckon this has got 1-2 written all over it, I f***ing hope I'm completely and utterly wrong.

Yes well if we lose this too we can consider us relegated already.

Enough is enough, we just can't lose ALL the games against teams involved in the relegation battle :neutral:

Now we also have a much stronger squad, if that isn't enough even to beat the Saints at home well we can start thinking about next year in the Championship.