Swansea 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Well guess they need something positive in their lives, being welsh.

Like a League Cup you mean?

Nah, that's an English cup.

Well done Alan, wait until the 90th minute to make a change when we go behind.

didn't think we needed to make changes. controlled the second half and made chance after chance.

I just feel as though when we had that spell on top, we should have brought Marv on for Jonas.

Same. There was a period where it was obvious we needed a bit more creativity as we were bossing possession but same old pardew.

That's really hard to take. On a par with Stoke (a), that. We played well, but if you don't take your chances away from home then you're begging to get beat. It's frustrating that it still took some absolutely woeful defending to let them in.

We can take heart from the performance I guess, because in waves we looked excellent.

Completely and utterly deflated by that. I thought we put in quite a good performance and compared to some of our away showings this season it was definitely one of our better ones. Just outdone by a lapse of concentration at the back again.

Wasn't just one player either, it was a collective, back 4 and the keeper all could've done better. We looked shaky at the back all game tbh, lack of communication/unfamiliarity perhaps.

Jammy bastards, really didn't deserve to win that. A draw would have been the right result.

Still, that's what happens when you don't put away gilt-edged chances. We looked dodgy at the back all match (including some really poor communication with the goalkeeper) and in the end it counted.

Other than that, I think it was a decent performance overall. No complaints about the management and intent of our gameplan etc.

shocking

pardew gets it wrong once again

marveux should have been on at lest 20 mins sooner and the defenders were completely to blame for that goal

Eh?

We were bossing them, a shitty defensive mix up cost us.  Otherwise I thought we were good enough.