Swansea 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

You'd struggle to find a poorer team goal conceded this season:

Debuchy: lazy defending stopping the cross after being skinned

Yanga-Mbiwa: misread the cross and didn't deal with

Santon: no reaction to the above

Taylor: tried to pre-emptively block a non shot and thus wasn't much use

Elliot: lying on the deck for little reason

Yep the frustrating thing about today was that after squandering decent chances we then handed them victory by pissing about at the back in the final minutes. Made all the more annoying in that Swansea were nowhere second half and that we played some really good stuff.

Ah well on to Europe  and Stoke

Guest firetotheworks

Should've won. Annoying f***ing match. Said to wor lad on about 71 minutes that we'd concede a daft goal around 85 minutes and lose. :(

Same. Minus the lad....plus the lad.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly can't believe that Tom from World Headquarters would do that to his hometown club like.

I do hope there'll be money to spend in the summer because for me we're missing an adequate sub keeper, competition for Cisse and cover for Ben Arfa. Then you have Colo pissing off. Still work to be done.

Guest firetotheworks

I do hope there'll be money to spend in the summer because for me we're missing an adequate sub keeper, competition for Cisse and cover for Ben Arfa. Then you have Colo pissing off. Still work to be done.

Definitely, it's still one of those privileged positions that we very rarely find ourselves in, though. A squad will never be perfect, but this is as close as I've seen it for a long time. No laurels should be rested on though. Hopefully the admission of mistakes being made in the summer equates to positive progress.

Guest neesy111

We defo need someone we can instantly put in for Cisse who has been utterly disappointing this season no matter how you mask it. 

Guest firetotheworks

The Cisse situation has a lot of mitigating circumstances, but he's certainly becoming more frustrating. I still believe in his quality though.

If I was the type of person that came out with this kind of shit, it would be a 'form is temporary, class is permanent' situation, but we haven't had him long enough, playing in his position to be able to say that with any amount of real conviction. In fact, his entire past would suggest that, actually, he's fucking mint.

While i agree out of those positions i can only really see competion for Cisse and a replacement for Colo being signed tbh.

We're creating very little for Cisse, to be fair to the lad.

Agree we are not creating enough clear cut chances or playing him through, he is to involved in open play for my liking also. I just want him to concentrate on finding space between defenders and dragging them about

We're creating very little for Cisse, to be fair to the lad.

Agree we are not creating enough clear cut chances or playing him through, he is to involved in open play for my liking also. I just want him to concentrate on finding space between defenders and dragging them about

HBAs return should help rectify this. My god I saw that goal again this morning when I turned the tv on, what was Santon doing FFS and it wasn't the best effort from Mbiwa nor Debuchy to stop the cross. Easy cross to defend though, should've been dealt with.

Yep:

Colo replacement

Shola upgrade

Jonas upgrade

Sub keeper

A striker's the priority. At the moment, we've got a target man whose movement is poor, and a finisher who can't hold the ball up.

A centre back to partner Mbiwa would do nicely. Colo is off, Taylor doesn't impose himself enough and Willo lacks pace.

Guest neesy111

A striker's the priority. At the moment, we've got a target man whose movement is poor, and a finisher who can't hold the ball up.

A centre back to partner Mbiwa would do nicely. Colo is off, Taylor doesn't impose himself enough and Willo lacks pace.

I thought Taylor was the best out of the defenders yesterday tbh.

Can't believe Luke Fucking Moore scored the winning goal against us in 2013 :lol:

Tbf Ali Dia would have scored that, it's not like he played any part in it other than being a few yards out from goal with the ball at his feet.