Newcastle United vs Stoke City - 10/03/13 @ 3 pm (Not on TV)

Nobody

Elliot

Debuchy Taylor Yanga-Mbiwa Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Jonas          Sissoko        Gouffran

Cissé

Really hope Cissé is fit, but even if he is, I can see Pardew wanting to play Shola against Stoke.

As I mentioned in the other thread, a few of the Stoke fans on their board seem to be overestimating the effects of the trip to Russia on sunday's match when you consider the players that were rested, were ineligible and those who only came on for a few minutes.

Need to put these to the sword and they've slumped in form recently. Hardly a pushover and always dangerous from set pieces but with our quality we should be able to put them away. I see Huth is suspended.

I don't blame the Stoke fans, Europe ruined them.

I wasn't blaming them just making the point that it seems they think we played our first eleven thursday night with the same lot to play again sunday.

Agree though europe did ruin them and the same thing will probably happen to Swansea next season too.

As I mentioned in the other thread, a few of the Stoke fans on their board seem to be overestimating the effects of the trip to Russia on sunday's match when you consider the players that were rested, were ineligible and those who only came on for a few minutes.

Need to put these to the sword and they've slumped in form recently. Hardly a pushover and always dangerous from set pieces but with our quality we should be able to put them away. I see Huth is suspended.

We will probably play -

Debuchy (didn't play), MBiwa (90 minutes, was rested a fair bit since he arrived), Taylor (came on 75 minutes in), Santon (didn't play). So 3 of the back 4 almost completed rested.

Cabaye (played 84 minutes), Tiote (came on after 84 minutes) Tiote with so little game time it was practically a stretching session, Cabaye could do with the game time.

Jonas (didn't play), Sissoko (played the full game), Gouffran (didn't play) 2 of the 3 didn't play a minute, Sissoko may be affected but I'm sure he will be fine.

Cisse (didn't play) Should be completely fresh.

So 5 didn't play, Tiote played about 10 minutes. Ben Arfa will be better off for it.

Only 3 of the 10 (you can't include a keeper in this discussion) have played a whole game.

Yes I think they are overestimating it :lol:

We will probably play -

Debuchy (didn't play), MBiwa (90 minutes, was rested a fair bit since he arrived), Taylor (came on 75 minutes in), Santon (didn't play). So 3 of the back 4 almost completed rested.

Cabaye (played 84 minutes), Tiote (came on after 84 minutes) Tiote with so little game time it was practically a stretching session, Cabaye could do with the game time.

Jonas (didn't play), Sissoko (played the full game), Gouffran (didn't play) 2 of the 3 didn't play a minute, Sissoko may be affected but I'm sure he will be fine.

Cisse (didn't play) Should be completely fresh.

So 5 didn't play, Tiote played about 10 minutes. Ben Arfa will be better off for it.

Only 3 of the 10 (you can't include a keeper in this discussion) have played a whole game.

Yes I think they are overestimating it :lol:

True, no excuse for a lack of fitness really. Although, having only a day or two to prepare to play Stoke (given their...ways) is probably a greater impact of the midweek game, especially having been previously preparing for a match so 'technical', to use Pardspeak.

On a brighter note, it's my first trip to SJP for a couple of years.  :aww:

I appreciate this brighter note doesn't help the team all that much.

Soton forums were much the same.

They all want howking if they don't win on Sunday regardless of yesterdays game. Stoke are shite - even more so away from home plus we'll have lots of the ball/game anyway as Stoke couldn't play a progessive possession game if their lives depended on it so we won't need to do as much closing and harrying as we normally do at home.

We probably won't but a strong first 20 minutes would really help set the tone/get this won.

On a side note paying to watch Andy Wilkinson play football :anguish:

Just shows how much the squad has improved if we can win the game, we made some 7 changes from Metalist into Southampton and won if we do similar again i will be delighted.

More so because it will show that we can effectively rotate and win games/get results.

Huth missing is huge for them.

N'zonzi would also have been unavailable if not for an inept ref.

Seems they are an easy bunch to rile up nowadays. Hopefully they get a few early yellow cards which will be an advantage to us.