Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Guest bimpy474

I'd usually not advocate putting Sissoko wide but that's probably what I'd do today, Marveaux into midfield, Jonas off.

Pardew really needs to explain what he sees in what Jonas offers going forward. It's absolutely nothing to anyone with eyes.

Winning freekicks I suppose.

Well us not being professional managers an all, isn't that a bit of a stupid reason like.

Sissoko hasn't been bad mind you, just a little flat. Happens to everyone from time to time.

I've got this real worry that playing under Pardew will coach all the movement out of him gradually.

Cajun is going to jump all over this :lol:

I've seen no evidence of Pardew being able to create/encourage good attacking football/movement. Whether his football ethos is horrible enough to erode existing attacking movement/proclivities... well, I'll just say that I fucking hope not, but that it would not surprise me!

Bit early to say though.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Wish we'd try a different set-piece taker.

When Arfa is back we should take short corners to him and let him dribble every time. Much more dangerous than our current corners..

Guest bimpy474

I'm pretty sure Santon should be able to take a better corner than Cabaye.

Pretty sure Rob Elliott could.

Oi...4 posts up :lol:

Sissoko hasn't been bad mind you, just a little flat. Happens to everyone from time to time.

I've got this real worry that playing under Pardew will coach all the movement out of him gradually.

Cajun is going to jump all over this :lol:

I've seen no evidence of Pardew being able to create/encourage good attacking football/movement. Whether his football ethos is horrible enough to erode existing attacking movement/proclivities... well, I'll just say that I fucking hope not, but that it would not surprise me!

Bit early to say though.

I don't even know where to start ;)

Tiote should take the corners:

Advantage #1 - he can't shoot if the ball is headed out to the edge of the opposition box

Advantage #2 - he's less likely to be in a position to pick up a yellow card when the opposition inevitably counter-attack

Advantage #3 - he has a decent deliver from time to time!

Guest ItalianMagpie

IF we stay up I'm NOT looking forward to the next season, this is going to be our standard performance level for a very long time no matter which players are we picking.

Must say that Pardew really does seem like a far less s*** version of Souness without the attitude.

So not really like Souness at all then :lol:

Can see where he's going from tbf. They're both male with working limbs.

Pards with one limb that's far more active than Souness's ever was/is