Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Guest bimpy474

I'd usually not advocate putting Sissoko wide but that's probably what I'd do today, Marveaux into midfield, Jonas off.

Pardew really needs to explain what he sees in what Jonas offers going forward. It's absolutely nothing to anyone with eyes.

I'd usually not advocate putting Sissoko wide but that's probably what I'd do today, Marveaux into midfield, Jonas off.

Pardew really needs to explain what he sees in what Jonas offers going forward. It's absolutely nothing to anyone with eyes.

He's not in the team for what he offers going forward.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote slows down a lot of our attacks. I'd bring Marveaux on for him and drop Sissoko to a deeper position.

Actually thought Tiote has played quite well, got his foot in very effectively today.

Still too many aberrant passes.

See that's where once he's won it back, just give to Cabaye instead of trying himself.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

We're desperately s*** in possession. The movement is non existent, no collective pressure, awful pitch sense and positioning, rigid set up making us a doddle to keep out...just s***.

This. Its sickening to hear people saying its an ok first half...im very disappointed!

Must be watching a different game to some people, we've controlled it, been poor in final third like but they've got tons of men behind the ball, always going to be hard. Need to watch them better on break.

Shouldn't be in the team at all, then.

Tiote slows down a lot of our attacks. I'd bring Marveaux on for him and drop Sissoko to a deeper position.

Actually thought Tiote has played quite well, got his foot in very effectively today.

He's looked solid defensively. Distribution leaves something to be desired, as always.

Guest bimpy474

Then he shouldn't be in the team as he is playing as a forward player, it nullifies the side he's playing on and it's like playing two full backs.

Sissoko hasn't been bad mind you, just a little flat. Happens to everyone from time to time.

I've got this real worry that playing under Pardew will coach all the movement out of him gradually.

We're desperately s*** in possession. The movement is non existent, no collective pressure, awful pitch sense and positioning, rigid set up making us a doddle to keep out...just s***.

This. Its sickening to hear people saying its an ok first half...im very disappointed!

Yup. A winger who offers nothing offensively is rather pointless.

Well yeah.

Winning freekicks I suppose.

Guest bimpy474

He's looked solid defensively. Distribution leaves something to be desired, as always.

Yep.

Sissoko hasn't been bad mind you, just a little flat. Happens to everyone from time to time.

I've got this real worry that playing under Pardew will coach all the movement out of him gradually.

It´s starting to happen. And please Pardew, shave your fucking beard, not looking good.