Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Guest bimpy474

Gouffran been doing really well on the left, why has he switched him to the right?

:notbad: :pardsgrin:

Baffling, stick Jonas on the Right, he will be just as effective.

Aye, it really is a headshaking decision like.

Not a bad half. Clearly demonstrated we're the better side against an absolutely minging football outfit, without really testing Begovic sufficiently.

No real incision or guile in the final third, a bit lazy in fact. Just trying to get the ball in the box and hope something falls our way, rather than trying to pull their defenders away or stretch them.

As ever with Stoke, the trick is to get behind their full-backs, not cross/clip the ball in to the box from in front of them.

Not too frustrated. An early second half goal would be mint, but a 0-0 is entirely fathomable also.

Absolutely no point in playing high balls across their box.

Love Gouffran's workrate, could have done a better with a couple of chances.

Debuchy has been class, Tiote a few silly bits but pretty much spot on.

Cisse just isn't offering enough at the moment. We talk about creating him chances but a few times Sissoko has burst forward and had nothing on. I know he wasn't likely to get on the end of it either but that chance Cisse but in for him! Needs to time his runs so much better at times like that.

Elliot has looked solid. Jonas having one of his better games but I nearly punched through the tv when that ball to Santon went out.

Santon doing okay, still has that dodgy moment in him.

Cabaye with some class play, I have to say if it was Tiote giving away that foul 30 seconds in I would have been ranting at him for it.

Taylor and MYM doing what needs to be done really.

Guest Craig-NUFC

We're determined to make the ball over the top work, but there's a lack of pace in the side to make it come off. Cisse and Sissoko are both coming deep to receive the ball and leaving nobody up against the last man. I think this is where we could do with Ben Arfa making the diagonal run which Gouffran needs to do more often.

Would stick Campbell on around 75 minutes to chase that over the top/around the corner ball that we've been doing plenty.

It´s funny that everyone think Stoke is crap while we have created f***ing all.

Stoke being Stoke, we are making it a bit easy for them..need to come out all guns blazing 2nd half and stop with the clueless hoofs.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Pardew hoof style...stop f***ing my club you clueless excuse for a manager!

What? We've barely hoofed it at all today :idiot2:

We are waaay to direct...call it hoof style or not I dunno.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote slows down a lot of our attacks. I'd bring Marveaux on for him and drop Sissoko to a deeper position.

Actually thought Tiote has played quite well, got his foot in very effectively today.

Tiote slows down a lot of our attacks. I'd bring Marveaux on for him and drop Sissoko to a deeper position.

Tiote has been much better than Sissoko today.

True. Sissoko has played a helluva lot of football lately in his defence. Would consider bringing him off (pace and power) for some more guile and craft in Marv personally.

Actually thought Tiote has played quite well, got his foot in very effectively today.

Still too many aberrant passes.