Newcastle United vs Anzhi Makhachkala - 14/03/13 @ 8.05 pm (ESPN)

Nobody

It would have been much less confusing if the club just opened the full stadium from the start, and also a signal of intent to fill it

Makes sense to do it this way really though, going off the attendance' of the other Europa League games at SJP.

Pleased I managed to get in the Gallowgate seeing as I didn't know I was going until yesterday. 

Thanks for the input lads, i'm looking at the staium plan now. Christ there's next to nothing available!

Gallowgate West is your best bet atm.

It's the only area where you can get two seats together, and the mrs has decided she's coming too. Fuck it, why not?  O0 :D

Sounds like it could be up towards 50000 there? Would be f***ing brilliant :thup:

'Lower bowl' is pretty much sold out, They're opening Level 7 for cash turnstiles, and I can see them maybe opening a couple of blocks in Level 7 to gerenal sale today given the amount of people seemingly still wanting tickets.

To get 40-45k would be brilliant.  Can't wait now.

jealous of those going. i didnt want to take holiday for this tbh. if we get through, great will do the quarters. if we go out, it will probably be a shit night

Guest Carloccini

Elliot

Simpson        Taylor      Mbiwa        Haidara

Gutierrez        Cabaye    Sissoko      Ben Arfa

Cisse        Ameobi

Subs:

Harper

Santon

Perch

Anita

Tiote

Marveaux

Campbell

Win 6-2

jealous of those going. i didnt want to take holiday for this tbh. if we get through, great will do the quarters. if we go out, it will probably be a s*** night

:lol:

Trying to make yourself feel better about not being able to make it by any chance? :lol:

Guest SuperShola!

Got two tickets on Monday for me and my mate, had to go back yesterday to get 5 for some for friends, lass said that they're nearly soled out? Have the openend Level 7?

Got two tickets on Monday for me and my mate, had to go back yesterday to get 5 for some for friends, lass said that they're nearly soled out? Have the openend Level 7?

Open for cash turnstiles tomorrow but it isn't open at the minute. The old family enclosure in the Leazes and Gallowgate West corner are the only places with a decent amount of seats left. I'd say about 36K have been sold so far when you take into account the North East corner will be pretty much empty due to the small number of away fans and no ome fans there. Hopefully they open level 7 today and it fills quickly.

Pretty high, I'd imagine. You're not allocated a seat from the cash turnstiles, are you? Might as well just get them to collect ahead of tomorrow if you're definitely going, like.

i think you are/were did it a few times in the championship season. not certain to go or who will want to go until tommorrow- so cash is so much easier.

Yeah I went through the cash turnstile for QPR earlier this season and was allocated a seat.

Anzhi are probably worth at least a goal in the return leg. Attacking talent is there, and Gus H is a tactical genius in second legs - he's a manager for the big occasion. Look at his return leg performance against Uruguay, when at the helm of Austalia - pre-planned injection of Kewell, which turned the tie on it's head. He'll have something up his sleeve, which is worth a goal.

I'd be starting Santon on the right side of defense, with on Haidara on the left - i hope that has been the prep all week. I don't think we'll get the required 2-3 goals from Simpson's deep crosses into the box. Any sort of right-side combination, featuring Simmo &/or Obertan resulting in consistent break-down of play, and i think it might be all-she-wrote.

Hiddink always leaves a card up his sleave. But he's been caught out in the past not playing it quick enough. Against Italy in the last 16 of the 2006 world cup, we had 3 subs up our sleeves on the verge of extra time scores 0-0, against ten men. He thought he would use the subs in extra time, only Grosso won a penalty that Totti converted in the last minute. Moral of the story, Hiddink has the ability to fuck up.

Elliot

Santon Yanga-Mbiwa Taylor Haïdara

Anita Cabaye

Jonas Sissoko Marveaux

Cissé

Might be in favour of an over enthusiastic inclusion of Campbell on the wing. Don't want Obertan to play and we know Gutierrez will give us more limitations than options going forward. We need to score. Marveaux isn't a winger but will probably play there anyway.

Said before but i consider Hiddink extremely overrated more often than not he usually chokes in a 2 legged tie/knockout.

A lot of his hype is based on winning the CL with PSV all those years ago but since then its been nothing but fail or/and disappointment at club level.

Don't really understand the fear behind him.

Hiddink always leaves a card up his sleave. But he's been caught out in the past not playing it quick enough. Against Italy in the last 16 of the 2006 world cup, we had 3 subs up our sleeves on the verge of extra time scores 0-0, against ten men. He thought he would use the subs in extra time, only Grosso won a penalty that Totti converted in the last minute. Moral of the story, Hiddink has the ability to f*** up.

He still won though.

Hiddink always leaves a card up his sleave. But he's been caught out in the past not playing it quick enough. Against Italy in the last 16 of the 2006 world cup, we had 3 subs up our sleeves on the verge of extra time scores 0-0, against ten men. He thought he would use the subs in extra time, only Grosso won a penalty that Totti converted in the last minute. Moral of the story, Hiddink has the ability to f*** up.

He still won though.

Think you are getting confused with when Italy lost to South Korea when Hiddink was in charge, Aussiemag is talking about when he was in charge of Australia and lost to Italy.

Said before but i consider Hiddink extremely overrated more often than not he usually chokes in a 2 legged tie/knockout.

A lot of his hype is based on winning the CL with PSV all those years ago but since then its been nothing but fail or/and disappointment at club level.

Don't really understand the fear behind him.

I don't fear Hiddinnk - I fear the possibility of facing Willian & Eto'o on the pitch at the same time.

We're at home though, and SJP will be fucking rocking. It has the makings to be a special night for you lot going.