Newcastle United vs Anzhi Makhachkala - 14/03/13 @ 8.05 pm (ESPN)

Nobody

Sounds like it should be a good crowd

So it should be really, one of the biggest cup games in years,  probably just peoples ignorance in a way keeping them away think Anzhi,  who are they, when if we were say playing Inter people would be more aware but i would rate anzhi as a better team just they are a upcoming team from Russia and not a big famous name in decline.

Plus at £15 and £5 for kids you can't really go wrong.  Club gets plenty of stick at time but one think you can't complain about with Ashley is the ticket prices..

NEWCASTLE United last night issued a warning to their supporters to behave themselves during tomorrow night’s Europa League second-leg tie against Anzhi Makhachkala.

The club are fearful of flares being taken into St James’ Park – as they were in the previous home match with Metalist Kharkiv – or a repeat of when someone ran on to the field of play, as happened against Bordeaux in the competition’s group stages.

Newcastle have rarely found it necessary to remind the St James’ Park crowd on the importance of good behaviour, but club bosses felt the need to address the actions of what is a small minority, who run the risk of United receiving a significant Uefa fine and a black mark on their own fine reputation.

One complaint from an angry supporter, who contacted the club, claimed: “I have never been as ashamed of Newcastle supporters as I was last night (after the Metalist match).”

That person went on to say that the behaviour of some was “disturbing and frightening” and “threatening, unpleasant and embarrassing”.

St James’ Park will be all but full for tomorrow evening’s game, when a Newcastle win will send them through to the quarter-finals of the Europa League.

And with so many watching the game on television across Europe, the last thing Newcastle need is the actions of a handful of mindless so-called fans giving the club any negative publicity.

Uefa hit the club with a financial penalty following this season’s previous incidents, and the club confirmed that fines of increasing severity were pending after fans used flares and smoke canisters during last month’s visit by Metalist Kharkiv.

A club statement asked: “Newcastle United fans build on their reputation as some of the most vocal and best behaved fans in European football this Thursday.

“Newcastle fans have gained a glowing reputation amongst football authorities after showing exemplary behaviour across the club’s past European adventures, travelling home and away to cities across the continent in their tens of thousands without incident.

“But they have seen that reputation undermined this season after a number of safety breaches, including pitch incursions and anti-social behaviour during previous Europa League games at St James’ Park.

“Club officials are now urging fans to get that reputation back on track this Thursday by showing their support in the right spirit – giving Alan Pardew’s side a significant home advantage over their visitors in the process.”

Steve Storey, head of safety at Newcastle United, revealed that spot checks would take place outside the stadium tomorrow night – and any fans found carrying something illegal face being banned from home games.

“We’ve never fallen foul where Uefa are concerned before this season,” Storey said.

“Our fans have rightly been recognised as exemplary and they have proven that it doesn’t take items such as flares, which are banned, to make an incredible atmosphere.

“Sadly, a small element has acted in a manner in previous rounds – and particularly in the last Europa League game here against Metalist – which has threatened to damage that reputation.

“Not only have they endangered safety, they’ve also made coming to the match very uncomfortable for law-abiding fans directly around them, and spoilt it for the majority. We’re working hard to combat all types of anti-social behaviour in and around St James’ Park.

“It’s simply not welcome and make no mistake; there will be bans for offenders and further action will be taken by the police.

“We’re asking fans to arrive early on Thursday as there will be additional searches as a knock-on effect, as well as increased stewarding and increased policing.

“We hope the outcome will be that people remember Thursday for all the right reasons and we can all look forward to another huge European tie in weeks to come.”

Can't see why the club would get fined for somebody deciding to wear flares. They might look ridiculous but I'd hardly call them 'disturbing and frightening'

http://i.imgur.com/JslyH2T.png

Is this cash turnstilles thing bullshit? I'm tempted but need to know sharpish cause of work.

It's on the .co.uk website now, cash turnstiles on the night for Level 7 Leazes corner.

Is this cash turnstilles thing bullshit? I'm tempted but need to know sharpish cause of work.

It's on the .co.uk website now, cash turnstiles on the night for Level 7 Leazes corner.

Lovely, cheers!

Cash turnstiles will be in operation for Thursday's Europa league round of 16 second leg tie against Anzhi Makhachkala (kick-off 8.05pm).

Leazes West Corner Level 7 turnstiles 83 to 88 will be available for fans to pay on the night for what promises to be a thrilling game at St. James' Park.

Pre-paid collection offices on the concourse above Shearer's Bar will be open all day on Thursday from 10am. They are likely to be busy throughout the day so fans are advised to collect early, through the day where possible, to avoid expected lengthy queues closer to kick-off.

Prices are just £15 for adults, £10 for students and £5 for over 65s and under-18s, apart from Premium areas where they are £20, £15 and £10 respectively.

Please note that Platinum Club members do not receive free tickets for European home fixtures.

Guest icemanblue

Pretty high, I'd imagine. You're not allocated a seat from the cash turnstiles, are you? Might as well just get them to collect ahead of tomorrow if you're definitely going, like.

Pretty high, I'd imagine. You're not allocated a seat from the cash turnstiles, are you? Might as well just get them to collect ahead of tomorrow if you're definitely going, like.

i think you are/were did it a few times in the championship season. not certain to go or who will want to go until tommorrow- so cash is so much easier.

Three hour drive for me though, if there's traffic problems down here i'll have to drive like a loon to get there on time. Collecting tickets adds more worries.

Three hour drive for me though, if there's traffic problems down here i'll have to drive like a loon to get there on time. Collecting tickets adds more worries.

Cant you buy them online and collect them from the box office?

Guest icemanblue

I think there'll be smaller queues for collections than the cash turnstiles, but it's obviously your call.