Brian McDermott

ponsaelius

Reading are pretty poor.

They made us look like Barcelona for long stretches on Saturday.

Having said that, there's zero point sacking your manager at this point in the season.

As a fan of a team with, well, certain relegation concerns, I can only say this makes me feel safer in that we now only have to dodge two relegation slots.

In our relegation season I did naively think the feel good factor of bringing in Shearer would keep us up. Maybe they are hoping for this fabled honeymoon period to get them enough points.

Reading manager Brian McDermott has left the club' date=' and Paolo Di Canio is the odds-on favourite to succeed him[/quote']

Please, please, please happen and please, please, please keep them up you ever so entertaining fascist.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article873574.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Swindon-Paulo+Di+Canio+cropped

Can't help but feel somewhat happy by this - shame we've already played them like :(

I went to a talk in with him at work last year, he was such a smug dickhead with his head up his arse. Pleased to see it's all fell apart for him, prick

His record is Pretty good, even if the quality of football isn't the best. Promotion for WBA, FA cup win and Champions League win. Cant really argue with that.

His last real test was the last season at WBA, and he was poor. He got the second best team in the league promoted, in second place, the Chelsea stuff you can't really judge him on at all, avb work was underrated and undermined, while he came in and took all the glory.

Can't help but feel somewhat happy by this - shame we've already played them like :(

I went to a talk in with him at work last year, he was such a smug dickhead with his head up his arse. Pleased to see it's all fell apart for him, prick

More details pls.

His record is Pretty good, even if the quality of football isn't the best. Promotion for WBA, FA cup win and Champions League win. Cant really argue with that.

His last real test was the last season at WBA, and he was poor. He got the second best team in the league promoted, in second place, the Chelsea stuff you can't really judge him on at all, avb work was underrated and undermined, while he came in and took all the glory.

would be a strange one for Reading to go for him considering his last relegation fight he was sacked from and Hodgson came in and kept them up with relative ease and did even better the following season

More details pls.

It's apparently the second time he was invited to talk with us about pressure and share some stories of being a manager with football, etc. Supposedly the first time around some time ago he was pretty down to earth and a really sociable guy. He came in when Reading just made it into the premier league, probs during the pre season. I asked him about his relationship with Pardew and he had some alright things to say, but then started called us ('The people from up there') delusional, stupid et al, I wouldn't have minded too much if he just stuck up for Pardew a bit but he had a proper dig at the fans with all of the usual s**** you hear from people with an axe to grind for little to no reason. To say that sort of stuff to your face is abit stupid.

He started with this presentation about how he f***ed promotion up with Reading but then realised he had to make it better, talked with the owner of Reading now who was apparently a really scary guy to deal with, and how he believed in him so much he had that bit extra to take Reading forward and all that s***. Really bigging up some of his dross clogger players to a bunch of software engineers "This is a guy you want in the trenches with you" etc. I forgot who that was now - pretty sure a CB or a DM of his.

Talking all this s**** about how promotion was a a masterstroke and how he was inspired, playing really really cheesy music through bored me to f***ing tears. I mean it was cool meeting a guy in his position with people asking questions about insider football and stuff (him saying Martinez was taking the Liverpool job - lols) but he acted like a total arrogant bell end. They said they wouldn't invite him back :lol:

Pardew ftw  :angel:

• 5 weeks later...

Fairplay to both him and Leeds. He seems a nice guy and knows that division well so should be a good job for him, and for Leeds, someone who is immensely more likeable than Warnock! My dads side were from Yorkshire so are Leeds fans, so kind of a 2nd team for me.