Newcastle 1 - 0 Anzhi - 14/03/13 (1 - 0 on agg) post-match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

If we'd have 'gone' for them, they'd definitely have caught us on the break, far too risky with the away goals rule. We played it perfectly in the second half, we were the better team in terms of possession, even before the sending off, but had to be patient, their game plan was evident.

Definately, they were very quick on the break and looked too dangerous for us to let the game open up too much

Was anything mentioned on the commentry about the smoke bomb being let off in the Milburn level 7? Hop the Uefa officicals were facing the east stand and didn't see it.

Rather the pricks didnt go to our games if thats what they do every Euro game tbh. Why bother? Same as the tossers who ran on the pitch for 3 games in a row or whatever it was.

Aye, I was to the right of it. After I while I could smell it, some right special ones went last night.

Europe has shown how many tosspots support us this year. Absolutely no need at all to do it every game.

Can't understand how few regulars around last night. I'd imagine it will be all ticket from now on though with a much higher uptake by season ticket holders.

I'm a season ticket but usually sit elsewhere in the ground on European nights especially whilst the ticket prices are so reasonable.  I know quite a few do likewise.

Christ HTT, talk about trying to find the negatives.  They didn't beat us at their place with 11 men so it's hardly fact that they would have yesterday.  We defended well and nullified their threat apart from the odd mistake. 

Never understand comments like 'if it wasn't for Taylor' ... well he's ours and he was there and done his job.  Also their lack of clinical finishing? What about Sissoko's chances in the second half?  Or Taylors that he belted straight at the keeper?

Just enjoy it for what it is.  A win , and a very tough on, against one of the favourites of the competition.

Must've been watching a different game then some on here. Although we were pretty toothless in attack , the other lot weren't much better.

We didn't play a team of mugs, these were quality fucking players we were playing against, with absolute quality in the dugout telling them what to do.

Guest Roger Kint

Christ HTT, talk about trying to find the negatives.  They didn't beat us at their place with 11 men so it's hardly fact that they would have yesterday.  We defended well and nullified their threat apart from the odd mistake. 

Never understand comments like 'if it wasn't for Taylor' ... well he's ours and he was there and done his job.  Also their lack of clinical finishing? What about Sissoko's chances in the second half?  Or Taylors that he belted straight at the keeper?

Just enjoy it for what it is.  A win , and a very tough on, against one of the favourites of the competition.

If that was us playing poor i hope we do it all the way to Amsterdam tbh. It worked for Chelsea and am fairly sure their fans arent whinging like HTT does :lol:

Anyone see the Russian bird in the Milburn stand waving the flag?

Looked areet from where I was sitting. Didnt know what steak and blowjob was in Russian though unfortunately

They had a full block with stewards around them, I guess it was team friends/family?

ESPN said it was their owner, his family friends bodyguards and hangers on.

Like in the first leg, Pardew knew that we had to stop them breaking on us quickly. Yes, we were a bit sluggish in possession at times, but overall still a professional performance.

Exactly, imagine we just went all for it from the off?  Would have been absolutely humped.  I'm encouraged by how well we contained them for the most part tbh.  Said before the game I'd take another shit game like last week if it meant the right result. 

Cisse's goal last night will probably live with me as one of my favourite ever moments at SJP. It really was phenomenal, simply because the frustration was building and building - until about 85 minutes where I'd pretty much accepted ET, and I didn't fancy us.

I wasn't even sure who had scored; I saw Taylor up there and if I'f had to guess, it would've been him because he was outrageously good last night. Still, more than happy with Cisse obviously - and that's two games in a week he's won for us. His all-round play still isn't particularly great but he's proving himself to be a matchwinner again, and it's fantastic.

I thought we deserved the win against a very strong side. 

Guest Roger Kint

I have 3 injuries from celebrating 3 goals this week. I shouldn't be allowed to go to the game :lol:

As long as one isnt wankers wrist am sure you will be allowed :lol:

I have 3 injuries from celebrating 3 goals this week. I shouldn't be allowed to go to the game :lol:

As long as one isnt w*****s wrist am sure you will be allowed :lol:

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/If-You-Know-What-I-Mean-Mr-Bean-Blank.png

Anyone see the Russian bird in the Milburn stand waving the flag?

Looked areet from where I was sitting. Didnt know what steak and blowjob was in Russian though unfortunately

They had a full block with stewards around them, I guess it was team friends/family?

Theres always a few away European fans in the Milburn stand this season in Europe, tonight was definitely the most sparse though. Brugge it was full

Guest Bert Shaft

2 blokes in our row got up and left when the 3 minutes injury time board went up.

Why?????? Despite the game being finely poised and the injury time winner we were heading for 30 minutes ET anyway!!!!

I don't understand why people do it.

Maybe unavoidable travel commitments

But you'd know the KO time and that there was a chance of ET and Pens pre match. You'd plan accordingley surely???

Was anything mentioned on the commentry about the smoke bomb being let off in the Milburn level 7? Hop the Uefa officicals were facing the east stand and didn't see it.

Rather the pricks didnt go to our games if thats what they do every Euro game tbh. Why bother? Same as the tossers who ran on the pitch for 3 games in a row or whatever it was.

Aye, I was to the right of it. After I while I could smell it, some right special ones went last night.

Europe has shown how many tosspots support us this year. Absolutely no need at all to do it every game.

Can't understand how few regulars around last night. I'd imagine it will be all ticket from now on though with a much higher uptake by season ticket holders.

I'm a season ticket but usually sit elsewhere in the ground on European nights especially whilst the ticket prices are so reasonable.  I know quite a few do likewise.

:thup: Same here. I only sat in my own seat for one or two of the earlier games and was surrounded by kids rather than the usual crowd. We've been picking random seats around the ground since then.

:thup: Same here. I only sat in my own seat for one or two of the earlier games and was surrounded by kids rather than the usual crowd. We've been picking random seats around the ground since then.

As they don't usually open Level 7 Anymore i've not sat in my own seat for a cup tie for a number of years.

I sat in the Platinum Club last night and also the same seat in there for the Metalist game.

It's annoying though as the amount of people who come in late and leave early to go to the bar and wander around lost spoils the view of the game.

i don't notice this as much in Level 7 possibly due to the position of my seat and the steepness of the stand compared to the lower bowl.

It also seems to take ages to get out of both the east stand and the platinum club whereas i'm down the stairs and straight out onto Barrack road from Level 7 Milburn without getting stuck in the bottle neck under the stand.

I saw the smoke above us last night but couldn't tell where it had come from.

It had better not lead to us playing behind closed doors against benfica!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs vs Basel is gutting too. Spurs basically in the semis already.

Worth pointing out Spurs got stuffed last night? Nothing is a foregone conclusion at this stage.

They were without Bale though. He'll see them all the way to the trophy.