Manchester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/03/13 - post-match reaction from p34

Dave

IP, can you fix a typo from your sig. Should be 'didn't', not 'don't'. :thup:

edit. Reading it with 'don't' and I can understand your lol's. :blush:

Honestly, I wouldn't take it personally like. :lol: Just thought it was one of the funniest excuses yet.  Considering making a list of them each week, just to prove to myself I'm not going completely insane. :lol:

Writing a game off when we're very deep in a relegation battle is ok?

I want to win the Europa as much as anyone but I'd take survival over that. It still escapes me why the two have to be mutually exclusive though - do the Europa winners typically get relegated?

Writing one game off, against an Uber team like this , where the effort and damage involved in competing is so high, compared to the other games up coming is acceptable yes.

I hope you are right.  :thup:

so do I.....

but just imagine how we would be feeling tonight if we had gone down with glorious defeat, say 2-1 , lost a couple of players to injury, had someone sent off for a pen, etc etc. valiant effort- far reaching consequences.

Having a go at winning a game of football doesn't mean that the players are going to get injured or sent off. This is a ridiculous argument.

You might, MIGHT have a point if we weren't devoid of any creativity, attacking impetus or drive to out score teams and WIN games every week. It doesn't matter who we're playing.

Was that a tantrum?

What makes you think I was thinking about you when I mentioned Tantrums then?

edit- I dont beleive we can compete with Man City without a massive fight and effort, that may be more than a point at best is worth.

I didn't necessarily think you were talking about me mate, I just didn't think I'd seen any.

Imo we can win any game of football on any day with the right preparation, attitude and application.

Sometimes you play well and the oppositions just too good for you obviously. Today didn't have to be one of those days.

Looking at our lineup we would've probably needed at least 3 goals to have a chance on any points. So IMO it was always going to be one of those days.

Not convinced it would have been a lot different with a full strength XI tbh. We might have sneaked a consolation, they might have scored one less.

It would still have been a walk in the park for them.

I want to win the Europa as much as anyone but I'd take survival over that. It still escapes me why the two have to be mutually exclusive though - do the Europa winners typically get relegated?

Writing one game off, against an Uber team like this , where the effort and damage involved in competing is so high, compared to the other games up coming is acceptable yes.

so do I.....

but just imagine how we would be feeling tonight if we had gone down with glorious defeat, say 2-1 , lost a couple of players to injury, had someone sent off for a pen, etc etc. valiant effort- far reaching consequences.

Having a go at winning a game of football doesn't mean that the players are going to get injured or sent off. This is a ridiculous argument.

You might, MIGHT have a point if we weren't devoid of any creativity, attacking impetus or drive to out score teams and WIN games every week. It doesn't matter who we're playing.

Was that a tantrum?

edit- I dont beleive we can compete with Man City without a massive fight and effort, that may be more than a point at best is worth.

I didn't necessarily think you were talking about me mate, I just didn't think I'd seen any.

Imo we can win any game of football on any day with the right preparation, attitude and application.

Sometimes you play well and the oppositions just too good for you obviously. Today didn't have to be one of those days.

ok, maybe not tantrums, but defo some spat dummies in a couple of threads, but anyway I guess thats why football is so good, it means a lot.

I just feel given the season we've had re-injuries and under manned squad for half a season, that todays game cant be viewed in isolation, and a manager must consider the games after.

I fully expect us to go into games of this type competing next season, if we still have a full squad/ probs less midweek games.

You just know football goes in cycles and im certain we will have our day against Man City when we are in form and they have problems- thats the time to judge us.

If we survive and we should, then Pardew gets next season for me, no more excuses tho, time for the shit football to stop, we need to see what this team can do with a pre season, lesser workload.

We were missing 4 of our first choice back 5,  Tiote and our most creative player in HBA away at the champions who for the first time in weeks were back to pretty much full strength with the likes of Kompany and Yaya back and we caught them on a good day! 

We would have struggled to get anything even if we had been at full strength.

My biggest gripe though is that we didn't really have a go at them and sat back and let them dictate the game 1st half,  if we had managed to hold out till half time then maybe the gameplan would have worked and then despite Man City missing some chances we were still unlucky to concede two goals in the 2nd half with big deflections and as a result our GD has took a hit.

Hopefully we get Krul, Santon and Tiote back for Thursday and Marveaux comes back in as well to give us some creativity.

We always get turned over by Man City. When was the last time we went to Maine Road/Eastlands and actually came away with anything? Was anyone expecting us to win today? I think the fact that teams around us have won has got people a little tetchy and understandably so. My stomach sinks a little when I look at the table but taking a step back a whole lot hasn't changed. Our run-in is relatively favorable and our form isn't awful.

The next two games are of paramount importance. We need at least 4 four points from Fulham and the Mackems and at the minute I'd fancy us to do that.

There's no way anyone can say we caught them on a "good day" like. It'll be a good day 100 times out of 100 for a team like them if you stand off them the way we did. We're supposed to be there to make it difficult for them, not to turn up and hope they've all been drinking heavily. :lol:

so do I.....

Was that a tantrum?

ok, maybe not tantrums, but defo some spat dummies in a couple of threads, but anyway I guess thats why football is so good, it means a lot.

I just feel given the season we've had re-injuries and under manned squad for half a season, that todays game cant be viewed in isolation, and a manager must consider the games after.

I fully expect us to go into games of this type competing next season, if we still have a full squad/ probs less midweek games.

You just know football goes in cycles and im certain we will have our day against Man City when we are in form and they have problems- thats the time to judge us.

If we survive and we should, then Pardew gets next season for me, no more excuses tho, time for the shit football to stop, we need to see what this team can do with a pre season, lesser workload.

I'm doing the opposite of that and I've said so. Take the last two years as proof, the football has been largely uninspiring, we won more games last season because we were very fortunate with injuries and had two strikers on hot streaks at different times. At worst the football has been diabolical and there's many,many examples of it home and away.

I'd rather judge us over time, and Pardew falls way short of what we deserve imo.

I honestly think you're going to be disappointed. In fact I'm pretty much positive you are. I and others voiced these concerns last season, when we were getting results and everyone was fit.

Absolute garbage.

so do I.....

Was that a tantrum?

I'm doing the opposite of that and I've said so. Take the last two years as proof, the football has been largely uninspiring, we won more games last season because we were very fortunate with injuries and had two strikers on hot streaks at different times. At worst the football has been diabolical and there's many,many examples of it home and away.

I'd rather judge us over time, and Pardew falls way short of what we deserve imo.

I honestly think you're going to be disappointed. In fact I'm pretty much positive you are. I and others voiced these concerns last season, when we were getting results and everyone was fit.

This is what is so annoying. You, I, Interpolic, johnnypd etc were saying this last season, getting shot down, then this season after every game we're told "what more did you expect from today against a side like City/Swansea/Wigan?"

This is not about today, or last game or the game before.

so do I.....

Was that a tantrum?

What the fuck do we "deserve"? Honestly man :lol:

And I didn't hear anyone whinging last season when we were winning.

Guest icemanblue

We were missing 4 of our first choice back 5,  Tiote and our most creative player in HBA away at the champions who for the first time in weeks were back to pretty much full strength with the likes of Kompany and Yaya back and we caught them on a good day! 

We would have struggled to get anything even if we had been at full strength.

My biggest gripe though is that we didn't really have a go at them and sat back and let them dictate the game 1st half,  if we had managed to hold out till half time then maybe the gameplan would have worked and then despite Man City missing some chances we were still unlucky to concede two goals in the 2nd half with big deflections and as a result our GD has took a hit.

Hopefully we get Krul, Santon and Tiote back for Thursday and Marveaux comes back in as well to give us some creativity.

All of this.

Very disappointing performance, regardless. I didn't expect much in the way of a result, and I sincerely hope we were saving ourselves for the more important games of the week. Nothing has really changed, though, at least four points are needed from our next two home games.

Absolute garbage.

because its not critical of Pardew? :lol:.

so do I.....

Was that a tantrum?

What the fuck do we "deserve"? Honestly man :lol:

And I didn't hear anyone whinging last season when we were winning.

Are you more than happy to watch us play this way every week?

Just asking, because if so then that's the difference I suppose - I'm not.

And I do think we deserve a manager who will take the game to an opponent, we're a fantastic club so I'm not sure what you're on about there.